Finding a proper patio builder can be a real hassle but the patio building process will go smoothly if the following measures are taken.
A properly made patio can be a great value to your property by providing a great outdoor space for relaxation, work, and entertainment, but for that, the patio must be efficient, well made, and well-planned.
Here are a few tips that will come in handy while embarking on a patio construction project:
Plan the patio properly: If a patio is well- planned, it will be flawless. Petty errors can be avoided and the construction process will proceed smoothly. These are the elements to be considered thoroughly in the planning process:
- The patio’s layout and general design
- Number of stories to add to the patio
- Stair style, if to be added
- Roof or covering to be added or not, and if to be added, what material to be used?
- The material rial of the patio
- Patio railing to be included or not?
- Cooking area if to be added, where to be added? What should be the style of the area?
Check the review of the contractor’s reputation:
If the prospective San Jose patio contractors have worked on projects of people in the neighborhood, it would be wise to get their opinions. Quality works speak for themselves, so the opinion of the consumer’s matters. Most states also have websites for their reputed licensed patio contractors, so a proper patio contractor in San Jose won’t be easy.
Communicating with the patio builder: With the research phase completed, one can narrow down the list to three or four potential patio builders. Contacting them to know a few relevant information is very crucial. Here are a few things to be clarified:
- How long have they been operational in the industry?
- Are they operating locally?
- Are they licensed?
- Will they abide by insurance law?
- Do they offer a guarantee of their work quality?
- Are they equipped to handle legal formalities and permits?
- Will they have a supervisor present throughout, during the work?
- How soon can they start the project and how long will they take?
- Are they comfortable in working with contemporary patio materials?
- Do they give contact-able references?
Getting a written estimate:
A few patio contractors should be shortlisted. They may ask for site inspection, which is normal and should be allowed. After inspection and after being briefed about the design of the patio to be made, the contractors will give approx estimates of the whole project. The estimates will include material procurement and post-cleanup as well, alongside having details on labor charges and other service rates. The estimates should be thorough, and they can be compared to get the most optimum choice.
Checking the contractor’s references:
Words should not be taken casually, they should be crosschecked. The following should be checked keenly:
- The quality of their previous works
- The professionalism of the patio team
- How efficient were their estimates for the previous projects?
- Were the projects completed timely?
- How was their after-service?
Once these are all sorted, one can choose the patio contractor most suited as per budget, location, work quality, and capability.