Vata dosha is among the doshas that controls the movement in the body and all the activities of our nervous system. Individuals with vata dosha are super active, creative and always full of energy and liveliness. The features of vata dosha include changeable, moving, dry, quick, enthusiastic and lively. These people have a great body structure along with a good amount of nimbleness. Do you know your dosha, try this online dosha quiz to discover your mind-body constitution. Sushine Ayurveda is an authentic Ayurvedic centre in the centre of Sunshine Coast.
Characteristics of Vata Dosha
The characteristics of vata dosha are:
- Cold feet & hands
- Sudden bursts of fatigue and tiredness
- Dry skin and hair
- Susceptible digestive system
When vata is balanced, energy flows nicely through the body. But, when the vata dosha is imbalanced, people can experience several body issues, and ailments like – arthritis, constipation, hypertension and restlessness.
How To Balance Vata Dosha Naturally?
When we talk about balancing vata dosha naturally, diet plays a significant role. First up, you need an ayurvedic consultation with an Ayurvdic doctor. A vata diet is a nourishing and fulfilling diet that improves your digestion, appetite and eliminates all the harmful ingredients from your body.
Some vata Pacifying food meals are:
- Breakfast: It is among the most important meals of the day, which can lift your mood and energise your body. To set the vata, you need to follow the given diet.
- A good meal of avocado, eggs, toast and sauteed veggies.
- Cereals like oatmeals, porridge and hot milk. You can do this after you exercise and get your ayurvedic Massage done.
- Bread spread with almond butter, maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Lunch: It is very vital to keep your lunch hearty. For a satiating lunch meal, you need to include these items.
- Begin with cooked beans, moong dal and some coconut mixed with vinegar and lemon.
- Steamed rice with green veggies, and if you add fish, it would be a plus.
- Pesto pasta or a potato leek soup would also highly help you in balancing the vata dosha.
- Dinner: Keeping your dinner simple and light is the mantra. A small yet nourishing meal at night can be great to keep your vata balanced and controlled. Try the given diet for better results.
- Soups made of mushroom, carrots or potato
- Sweet potato, beans or baked potato.
Home Remedies To Cure Vata Imbalance
If you are observing problems like constipation, dry skin or disturbed sleep, then you must practice the given home remedies regularly.
- Wear layered clothes
- Avoid going empty stomach for an extended period
- Take steams regularly
- Administer your body regularly
Vata Dosha Treatment
- Roast asafetida and add buttermilk to it. Drink this diet drink regularly for best results.
- A mix of nutmeg powder with honey in the morning is magical. It highly balances the Vata.
- Include ginger, garlic and nutmeg in your daily diet, which can help keep the Vata dosha in balance.
Lastly, stop the tendency to talk too much. Always try to find time to meditate in a silent atmosphere, whenever you can, as this would keep your Vata dosha balanced all the time.