If you are like me, you probably don’t even realize that there is a problem until you try to show a movie or slide presentation at school or work. The solution is simple – change the old bulb with the new one.
Best Projectors in USA sold today come with bulbs that last anywhere from 3000 to 5000 hours. It means that every time you switch on your projector, you risk damaging your screen or other equipment connected to it. In addition, these bulbs can get quite hot during operation, mainly if you use them for long periods.
Changing your bulb should only take a minute or two. You need to remove the old bulb and place the new one in its spot. You also need to ensure that the power supply is disconnected before performing the replacement.
Then turn the projector back on, and you’re done!
Bulb Replacement Instructions:
Follow these instructions carefully to avoid damage to internal components and the projector itself. From the projectors under $150 to the most expensive ones, these are the universal steps that can be followed for most of the projectors.
1) Unplug all devices plugged directly into the projector’s AC outlet (cable box, AV receiver, etc.)
2) Disconnect any external cables connecting the projector to the previously attached device.
3) Remove the front cover above the lens assembly (see image below).
4) Lift the bottom panel of the lamp housing by inserting a small screwdriver underneath the bracket holding it in place.
5) Once fully lifted, pull the bracket out and remove the lamp assembly.
6) Using the same screwdriver to lift off the bracket, pry the bottom portion of the lamp assembly loose from the rest of the case.
7) Loosen the retaining ring around the lamp’s base using a flat-blade screwdriver.
8) Slide the lamp assembly away from the main body of the projector.
9) Release the retaining clip holding the base plate in place.
10) Insert the new bulb.
11) Replace the retaining clip.
12) Replace the rear panel.
13) Reattach any external connections.
14) Turn the projector on.
15) Plug everything back together as you initially did before removing the original bulb.
16) Enjoy a brighter picture and longer life of your display.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I know when my bulb needs changing?
A: When the color starts fading quickly due to aging and exposure to light after several years of use.
Q: Will the new bulb fit?
A: Yes, most bulbs will be identical to the old bulb. Some may be slightly larger for more flexibility, but this is rare.
Q: What about newer models?
A: Many newer models now offer the option of choosing between LED and HMI lamps. These bulbs will provide much better performance than traditional incandescent lamps. However, many people still prefer the convenience and reliability of regular bulbs.
Q: Can I use my old bulb?
A: Most bulbs can be reused, although some manufacturers recommend replacing them. If you want to reuse an old bulb, ensure the filament is intact and clean.
The easiest way to replace your bulbs is to buy a set of spare bulbs from us while saving money on expensive repairs. We guarantee our bulbs to be of good quality and work like brand new.
Changing the projector bulb is straightforward. Follow the steps mentioned above, enjoy the interrupted movie sessions, and upgrade your projector. Remember, using the deteriorated bulb will not only hamper your experience but may also affect your projector life adversely.