Performance testing in Software testing is done to confirm that the developed app or software works in the same way as it was planned to and there are no redundant system anomalies or annoying bugs and faults in it. There are many types of UI Performance Testing for your developed Software and Application that are practiced, depending up on the stages of testing.
In this article, let’s begin with discussing the two of the most imperative and elementary type of Software testing i.e. Unit Testing and Integration Testing.
Unit testing is the first level of Software testing that is done by the developer. It is performed on the smallest module of the code known as ‘a unit’ to test whether it is performing the functions that it was developed to do. Unit Testing checks a solo component of software or application.
- As Unit Testing is done to test just a single component or module, its test coverage is less as compared to Integration testing.
- It is not related or dependent on any code other than the unit being tested.
- The detailed code structure is visible after conducting Unit testing.
- Unit Testing is done to ensure the functionality of individual modules.
- It is considered to be a type of white Box Testing.
- Unit Testing begins with the specification of individual components and modules.
Integration testing is carried after Unit testing on single module is completed. It’s a type of testing to check and assure that various distinct pieces of the modules are working great with each other. Therefore, the overall behavior of the modules is well thought – out in Integration Software Testing.
- Its Test coverage is wider and larger as compared to Unit testing.
- It has several dependencies on various outside factors such as database etc.
- Whole integration structure of the modules is visible after conducting Integration testing.
- Integration testing is done to perceive the issues that can arise when different modules are combined with each other.
- It can be considered both, the Black Box Testing and the White Box Testing type.
- Integration testing begins with the specifications of the overall application interface.
It doesn’t matter which type of testing you choose for your product, but it’s essential to avail the best Performance Testing services for your developed app or software, phase wise to measure and evaluate functionality and working of your product.