In this entire blog, we will learn about what is a need, what challenges are occurred and what are the solutions to import OLM to Office 365. The main motive of this article is to aware of How to migrate OLM files to Office 365. This article will tell you about both manuals as well as expert solution to Migrate OLM to Office 365.
When we talk about email, Microsoft Outlook is always on the top among others because it is widely used and compact-able for both Windows and Mac OS. There are many factors that you need to know before the Migration OLM files to Office365
What is OLM?
OLM stands for Outlook for Mac. It saves data like messages, contacts, notes, attachments, calendars, etc… Basically, OLM is a database file for Outlook Mac. OLM file is only designed for Outlook Mac.
What if Office 365?
Office 365 is the software as a service that was provided by Microsoft. Office 365 is a subscription-based service that provides all the necessary information to get your work done in a modern enterprise. It contains software like Outlook, Excel, Word, One Note, Skype and provides the services of Exchange Server, Share Point… that was needed most nowadays.
Why do we need to Migrate OLM files to Office 365?
Outlook for Mac is a desktop-based application whereas Office 365 is a Cloud service so it gives you a feature to use it anytime, anywhere. Office 365 is more secure than Outlook for Mac because it stores data in the cloud.
Methods of Migrating Mac Outlook OLM data to Office 365.
In this section, we will tell you about both the manual and automated methods to migrate OLM files to Office 365.
The manual method of transfer the Mac Outlook OLM file to Office 365.
Here we go…
Follow these steps to understand the method:
- Open Gmail and go to account settings. Enable “IMAP” in the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab and apply it to Save changes.
- Now, open your Mac Outlook and click on the Tools tab then select Accounts.
- A window will appear, Click on the “+” button in the lower-left corner of the window.
- Enter the information your username, password, incoming server, outgoing server, etc.. and select Add Account
- Now log in to your Gmail account and Open Settings and select Label
- Press Create new label button
- Open Mac Outlook click on the Send/Receive button and update the IMAP mailbox
- It will start to transfer all the data from the OLM file to the IMAP account.
Once the process is completed, configure your Outlook account with the IMAP account and it will export your data into PST format. (Incomplete)
Now we need to migrate the PST file into Office 365. We have two manual methods that are provided by Microsoft.
1.Network upload method: In this method, you need to upload your PST file to a temporary Azure Storage location somewhere in Microsoft cloud. After you were able to use the import service to transfer your PST file into your Office 365.
Steps for using the network upload method:
- Install Azcopy tool and copy Shared Access Signature key
- Open CMD then go to Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Azure\AzCopy.
- Then run the following command AzCopy.exe /Source:<Location of PST files> /Desktop:<SAS URL> /V:<Log file location> /Y in CMD and Press enter.
- Then create the import mapping file
- Now Create a PST import job in Office 365
- After that Filter the data that will be imported
- Start the importing process.
2. Drive Shipping: Simplest method just copy your PST file to the hard drive and shipped the drive to the Microsoft. As they received the drive. The data center starts uploading the data to temporary Azure Storage from where you use the Office 365 import service to import the data in your Office 365.
Drawbacks of manual method system
- They are time-consuming and very complex methods
- Cannot be used to migrate multiple data
- Configuration is required
Migrate OLM to Office 365 by an automated software
OLM to Office 365 Migration Tool. A proficient method to transfer Outlook OLM files to Office 365. It will maintain the OLM folder hierarchy in Office 365 and take care of data integrity. Provides data filter option to perform selective OLM file migration and also software has No file size restriction. The tool has a very unique feature of File selection, Pause & Resume Options it will also generate a complete CSV report after migration.
Steps to migrate OLM to Office 365
- Download & Install the OLM to Office 365 Migration Tool
- Now Drag and Drop your OLM files into software panel
- Hit the Browse button to import selective folder
- Now select the OLM file which you want to migrate into Office 365
- Click on Convert button to start the transfer
- Enter your Office 365 username, password to the tool
- Apply filter option according to your requirement
- Press the Login Button
- Tool successfully export your data. You can save your Export Report by clicking on the Save button.
Open Office 365 where you get your migrated data of OLM files. This is the easiest method one can use to transfer OLM data to Office 365.
In the end…..
In the entire blog, we are discussed about the need for migration and its different solutions.
We also tell you about the manual method or an automated method to do so.
Just remember there are no easy manual ways to migrate OLM files to Office 365. But you can make it simple by downloading the advance solution like OLM to Office 365 Migration Tool.