Quickbooks offers a lot of advanced features to its users. One of the exciting features is Quickbooks multi-user mode. It enables different users to access the Quickbooks application simultaneously and make changes to the same file. But, sometimes, users can face difficulty in accessing Quickbooks multi-user mode. This can happen because the users may not have enough permissions to access the Quickbooks company file folder or the company file on some other system. The error message states: “Quickbooks error code H202: this company file is on another computer, and Quickbooks needs some help connecting”. If you have also stumbled upon Quickbooks error code H202, check out this troubleshooting guide. Go through all the methods mentioned in the article to know how to get rid of the error. the question is that can you fax from a computer if there are such issues already in your system.
Factors Leading to Quickbooks Error Code H202
There can be different reasons for which you can face the error H202. Here is a list of all the possible causes for which the error occurs in the system.
- Settings are not hosted properly.
- In case the firewall is blocking the communication between your Quickbooks company file and the server.
- Quickbooks applications may not have the IP address of the server and Host.
- Also, you can face the issue because the Quickbooks database server manager is not working correctly.
- Different Quickbooks services like QuickbooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor are not running on the system.
- Lastly, you can face the issue the network data file is damaged on the system.
Traits of H202 Error Quickbooks
On facing the Quickbooks error H202, you can look for the following symptoms on your system.
- First, you won’t be able to use the multi-user mode.
- You may not be able to access a company file present on some other system.
- The error prompt appears on the screen again and again.
- Quickbooks is responding to the user inputs very slowly or freezes frequently.
- Your system is running very slowly.
Troubleshooting Methods for Quickbooks Error Code H202
You may have to use various methods to get rid of the Quickbooks error H202. Sometimes, one method is not enough to fix the issue. Here, we have mentioned all the methods to resolve all these issues.
Solution 1: Employing Quickbooks Database Manager
- For this, you need to click on the windows start icon on your system.
- You will then have to type database in the search window, and then from the list appearing, choose Quickbooks database server manager.
- When done, you will have to choose the Quickbooks company file folder. Also, you can use the Browse button for the same.
- Next, you will have to click on the start scan option.
- You will now have to fix the system firewall settings.
- Wait for the scan to complete. When the process completes, you will have to close the window. Repeat the same steps for each system on which you are facing the issue.
- After this, you will have to open the Quickbooks application and then choose the File option.
- You will now have to tap on the multi-user mode option.
- In case you can do this, it means that the error is resolved.
Solution 2: Modifying System Firewall Settings
- First, you will have to create an exception for the Quickbooks in the system firewall settings.
- Also, make sure to open all the ports. Make sure that you have all the required permissions to access the company file. Open the ports as mentioned below.
- Quickbooks 2016: 55368 -55372, 8019, 56726
- Quickbooks 2017: 55373- 55377, 8019, 56727
- QB 2018: 55378- 55383, 8019, 56728
- For Quickbooks 2019, there is no static port available. These ports are opened when you run the Quickbooks database server on the system.
- When done, open Quickbooks and then choose the file menu. Click on the option to switch to multi-user mode.
You may also Read – Quickbooks Error 3371 Solution
Solution 3: Check Quickbooks Services
- On the server system, you will have to start Quickbooks and then go to the file option.
- Next, choose the utility option and click on the option to host multi-user access.
- You will then have to make sure that the QuickbooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService are running on your system. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to open the Run window on the screen and then type services.msc in the Run window. Hit the enter key.
- You will now have to choose the QuickbooksDBXX service and the startup type option.
- Make it automatic if it is not already automatic.
- Make sure that the status of the service is Running.
- Next, open the recovery tab and click on the drop-down menu for the first failure, second failure, and subsequent failure. Choose to start the service for all of these.
- When done, you will have to click on the Apply option. Click on Ok and close the window.
- Follow all the steps mentioned above for QBCFMonitorService.
Solution 4: Download and Run Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
- To start with, you will have to download the Quickbooks file doctor tool from the Intuit website.
- You will then have to click on the downloaded file and then open the installation window.
- To complete the installation process, follow the steps appearing on the screen.
- When done, close the installation window and then click on the tool icon to open the tool.
- You will now have to choose the Quickbooks company file and then click on the continue option.
- Next, type your admin password and choose the Next option.
Solution 5: Create a New Folder for Your Quickbooks File
- To start with, on the server system, you will have to create a new folder.
- You will then have to make the necessary access permissions for the folder. Make sure that you change the access permissions in a way that they can be shared easily.
- Next, open the original Quickbooks company file folder and copy the company file having the qbw extension.
- You will then have to paste the file in the new folder and then attempt to open the company file in Quickbooks multi-user mode and check if the QuickBooks error h202 switching to multi-user mode is resolved or not.
This is it. This was the complete troubleshooting guide to resolve Quickbooks error code H202 efficiently. Contact the support team for guidance if you continue facing the same issue even after performing all the methods mentioned above.