In these practical sessions, we seek answers from carpet and flooring professionals about any question that you may have regarding home and designs. Particularly in this article, we talk about how to pick the right neutral colored carpet to easily fit into different types of home decoration and furniture.
A neutral carpet is amazing in so many ways; it is easy on the eye, works perfectly at all times and provides a perfect ambience. If anything, the best place to start with a neutral scheme is the underfoot. Here are some factors to consider when picking a neutral-hued carpet:
Consider the Colour Palette
Neutral carpets come in so many colours. The main ones include:
- Beige- this one is easy on the eye and very light. It is a perfect option for a brighter and more open room.
- Camel- this is almost similar to the beige neutral but it is darker. It also enhances the feeling of more space.
- Grey- this is what is currently trending. It comes in different shades of grey.
- Charcoal- if you are looking for a darker version of grey, here is your option.
- Brown- it comes in different shades such as green, yellow, and mid-tone brown. To ensure that you get the perfect fit for your home, you can take some samples and compare.
Extra-long pile carpets are trendy
The following are the trending auld design carpets in the market:
- Mixed tone neutrals- these carpets are very versatile because they can blend both dark and light neutrals.
- Extra-long pile carpets- these are the classics from the 70s. They have a nice fringed and shaggy look
- Oversized felted loops- these provide you with a luxurious and contemporary option. Different designs are available to pick from including the tailored and the irregular weaves.
Maintenance is important to consider
First, ask yourself the type of mood you want to create in your room. Remember, the design and colour that you pick will also determine the ambience and the brightness/ darkness of your room. For instance, you can pick a rich brown or charcoal carpet if you want a comfortable and warm room.
Consider your budget. While at it, remember to add the cost of carpet installation and the GST cost on top of the cost of the carpet. Also, consider the surface to be carpeted and how much it will cost.
How will you take care of your carpet? To prevent it from wearing off, you can choose a carpet depending on the number of people in your home. For instance, if you live alone, you can pick the carpets that are delicate and vulnerable colours.
On the other hand, if you have kids and pets, you might want to pick a carpet that is strong and stain-resistant, with a colour that is easy to manage.
You can consider the sunlight as well. If your carpet is going to be directly under the heat of the sun, you should pick one that has the UV-resistance feature.
If you are looking for a stain resistant and durable carpet, a neutral carpet is your perfect option. However, for a wool carpet, you will have to dry up any fluids poured on it because it can only be resistant for a very short time.
The solution-dyed nylon and eco-fibre carpets (for example Triexta) are perfect options for super-resistant carpets.
Apart from the carpet’s colour, consider other factors such as the pile of the carpet. For instance, if you pick a cut-pile carpet, it will always shadow a footfall. If you do not like this feature, you can pick a twist-pile carpet that is resistant to footfalls.
- Wool- the benefits of a wool carpet include durability and stain-resistance features (even though for a short time). This carpet can keep your room warm and is great for noise cancellation.
- Wool blends- these carpets have both synthetic fiber (20%) and wool (80%) for their composition. The two combine to provide you with a luxurious, comfortable and affordable carpet.
Last but not the least
Nylon- carpets made from nylon are durable and can resist stain for longer periods. They bring a feeling of superiority and comfort to your room.The Godfrey Hirst Eco+ Triexta – this is the most modern carpet in the market. It is eco-friendly, soft, stain-free, durable and it is more affordable.