Buying home insurance is a very important task to have at the time you decide to embark on the journey of being a homeowner in this country. The reason that this is so important is that being the owner of a residential property is a tremendous responsibility that must be assumed as it is. The truth of the matter is that your property, just like any other material thing can be exposed to impending harm or damage for various reasons.
Now picture this, imagine that you buy the house of your dreams either for yourself or your family. At that moment, you’d be initiating a tremendous new step in your life in both personal growth and family-oriented processes. However, what if something happened that placed the safety of your home.
Random events that can damage aspects of your home can happen at any time and any place. Nonetheless, if something happens to you and you do not have home insurance you will undoubtedly be placed in a very uncomfortable situation. Why? Simple because in that circumstance you will not have coverage for the damages caused in an accident that was not even your fault.
Things like natural disasters and vandalism are incidents that do indeed go out of your control. But, if you do have homeowners insurance in Florida you will have to pay for the damages yourself. Sounds pretty bad, doesn’t it? By that, as it may, we are sure that this is a pretty common sense type of knowledge. However, it may be to your surprise that this is not the purpose of this article.
Today, we want to talk about the fact that there are instances that even people who possess homeowner’s insurance may still face unfair situations by the insurance companies at the time of a property damage accident.
For example, there are events where people suffer incidents where natural disasters wreak havoc on the person’s property but the insurance denies the facts of the damage and limits the coverage that is supposed to take care of the insured individual. This means that there is an unfair practice stemming from the insurance company and results in the avoidance of paying responsibility.
So, if this has already happened to you, we would like to take a brief moment to mention that we accompany you in this difficult time. However, you should definitely know that there is a solution to your troubles. Just because your insurance company blatantly decided to undermine your property claim. The truth of the matter is that you can go ahead and promote your claim again with the help of a home insurance attorney in Florida.
We would like you to join us throughout this detailed article because we shall divulge very important information. Within this account, we will point out the most common property damage accidents in Florida, reasons for a denied claim, and how a home insurance attorney can help you during this complex dispute.
The Most Common Causes of Home Property Damage in Florida
The State of Florida is famously known for its intense weather. Whether it be from heat or rain, Florida is very popular for severe weather activity. For example, in South Florida, the residents of the area must always be wary of the chance of the appearance of the notorious seasonal hurricane storms.
Due to the high chance of hurricane activity, most homeowners do whatever possible to obtain homeowners insurance. However, as we mentioned before, even the effects of high winds and water damage may not be covered by your insurer.
For example, there are instances when the insurance adjuster may inform the client that the damages are not covered within the policy or that the damage caused by water is defined as “gradual” and not sudden. When the damage is gradual and not sudden, the insurance company will try to undermine responsibility. At that moment, it is very advisable to seek the expertise of legal counsel.
Other causes of property damage include:
- Electrical shock damage,
- Fire damage and explosions,
- High winds,
- Vermin infestation.
Common Reasons for a Denied Claims in South Florida
Above all, honesty is a crucial aspect to uphold in these circumstances. That is why we want you to know that the main goal of all insurance companies is to make sure that they lose money at all. That is why it is important to understand that they will do everything possible in their power to water down all property damage claims.
For the sake of this article, the same logic applies to your situation and especially in the case of home property damage even more. So, some of the most common unfair undermining practices carried out by insurance companies are the following:
- Oftentimes, many insurance companies will try to label your house property damage as incidents that do not qualify for coverage. Even though this can sound infuriating and borderline nonsensical, remember that these companies will do everything in their power to not pay their fair share.
- Similarly, insurance companies will try to place blame on weather events as points that are in the coverage but did not create the specific damage that needed to be fulfilled to be counted as coverage.
- There are instances where the insurance company does not have an option than to send an adjuster to examine your alleged damage. However, just because you actually got them to come to your home does not mean that it will be smooth sailing moving forward. Quite the contrary, home insurance adjusters are notoriously famous for undermining practices at the time of analyzing the extent of your damage. They may agree that the loss of property could be substantial but write a different note in their records.
- Let’s say that you quickly pinpoint and report the totality of your damages. However, just because you report the situation, does not mean that it will get resolved fairly quickly. One of the biggest complaints from victims is that the insurance will take weeks and months on end to resolve and process the alleged claim. The logic behind that is the affected individuals become desperate from the lack of help and result in fixing the damages themselves.
- Lastly, there are even instances where the settlement can arrive fairly quickly but the amount offered ends up being utterly ridiculous. At that time, you are in every right to become legally represented.
Benefits of an Acquiring the Services of a Home Insurance Lawyer
We really do want you to understand that if you find yourself in any of these serious situations, it is imperative that you receive the help of an insurance lawyer to ease your troubles. Above all, you need to understand that unfair claim denial goes against your rights. As a result, you need to make sure that your rights are protected in these situations.
Having said that, an insurance attorney can provide for your the following advantages:
To start off, your home insurance lawyer will immediately file the denied claim lawsuit backing up from the established laws in the State of Florida. You might be surprised to know that these types of lawsuits can actually place pressure on your insurance company carrier.
This means that with that created pressure, your insurance will have to comply with a substantial and fair monetary settlement. Why? Because if the insurance company notices that you are informed about your claim denial, represented by an insurance lawyer, and possess substantial evidence against their unfair offer, they’ll try to avoid an unnecessary hassle with a competent attorney.
Other advantages include:
- Assistance in the process of filing the lawsuit. Oftentimes, it can become difficult to understand the legal terminology in the denied claim. Your attorney can help you with that.
- Your home insurance will make sure that your coverage is respected and maintained at all times.
- Your insurance lawyer will also make sure to compare the damages versus what the coverage is supposed to protect in the first place. That is why it is very important to make sure that you take photographs of the damage immediately after the event, accident, or severe weather that precipitated the damage.
Become Represented as Soon as Possible!
The following information was brought to you by the best home insurance attorneys in Florida. These trained professionals will make sure that your rights stay protected at all times. The truth of the matter is that they will not allow these insurance companies to not commit unfair practices that violate the original mandates of what your insurance policy should be in the first place.
Unfortunately, insurance policies will always look out for themselves and their interests. So, we do really hope that you know to have more clarity in understanding that by being legally represented in the midst of a denied claim you still have a trick up your sleeve. That asset is hiring your home insurance attorney. Your home is at stake. Make the right choice and call one now!