A commercial electrician is a tradesman who specializes in the wiring and repair of electrical systems in commercial buildings. They are also responsible for installing new electrical systems in new commercial construction. Commercial electricians must have a higher level of understanding of electrical codes than those who work in residential settings.
Some commercial electricians may specialize in certain types of systems, such as fire alarms or security systems. Others may specialize in working with particular types of equipment, such as computers or factory machinery. Many commercial electricians are journeymen who have completed an apprenticeship program sponsored by their employer or a local union.
Commercial electricians typically work regular business hours, although they may be required to work nights or weekends if there is an emergency repair that needs to be made. They often work in teams of two or more and may be required to travel to different job sites during the day.
Things to look for:
If you are in need of a commercial electrician sunshine coast, there are a few things you should look for before hiring one.
- First, make sure that the electrician is licensed and insured.
- Second, ask for references from previous clients.
- Finally, make sure that you understand the cost of the project before work begins.
Whom should you hire:
Hiring a qualified commercial electrician is an important decision that should not be taken lightly. The following are a few tips on what to look for when hiring a commercial electrician:
- Make sure they are licensed and insured: This is the most important factor when hiring a commercial electrician. You want to make sure that they are properly licensed and insured in case something goes wrong.
- Ask for references: Ask for references from previous clients to get an idea of the quality of work you can expect.
- Get an estimate: Make sure you understand the cost of the project before work begins. This will help avoid any surprises down the road.
If you keep these factors in mind, you should be able to find a qualified commercial electrician that meets your needs.
Services they offer:
- Wiring and repair of electrical systems
- Installation of new electrical systems
- Maintenance of existing electrical systems
- Testing of electrical equipment and components
- Troubleshooting electrical problems
- Inspection of electrical systems for code compliance
- Documentation of electrical work
- Coordination with another tradesman on construction projects
Qualifications possessed by a professional electrician:
- Must have a valid journeyman or a master electrician license
- 4 years or 8,000 hours of experience as an apprentice electrician is required to obtain a journeyman electrician license
- 2 years or 4,000 hours of experience as a journeyman electrician is required to obtain a master electrician license
- Must have completed an accredited electrician training program
- Must have a clean criminal record
- Must be able to lift heavy objects and work in uncomfortable positions
- Must be able to work safely around high voltage equipment
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and electrical schematics
- Must be detail-oriented and able to follow instructions carefully
- Must possess good problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be punctual and have a strong work ethic
Choosing the right commercial electrician:
Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a commercial electrician:
- Experience: Make sure the electrician you choose has experience working on projects similar to yours.
- Expertise: Choose an electrician that has expertise in the type of work you need done.
- Cost: Make sure you understand the cost of the project before work begins.
- Availability: Make sure the electrician you choose is available to work on your project when you need them.
By keeping these factors in mind, you should be able to find a qualified commercial electrician that meets your needs.