CBD was searched 6.4 million times on Google in 2019. Starting in 2017, CBD, hemp, and anything else related to the Cannabis sativa plant was the talk of the town (the year before the Farm Bill legalizing hemp was signed into law). But what’s the difference between gummies made from hemp and gummies made from CBD? If you want to try either one or both, this article will be a great guide.
The Difference Between Hemp, Cannabis, and the Marijuana Plant
Hemp oil, CBD oil, and marijuana all come from the same plant, which is called Cannabis sativa.
Cannabis vs Marijuana vs Hemp: Science won’t be able to tell you what the difference is between the three terms since they all refer to the same plant (the same species). But when it comes to the law, it’s easier to tell them apart.
- Cannabis is the most common name for the plant Cannabis sativa.
- A cannabis plant with 0.3% or less THC is often called a “hemp plant.” These are the plants that are used to make CBD oil and hemp oil.
- Cannabis with more than 0.3% THC is a marijuana plant.
In the past, hemp was mostly used to make ropes for ships, paper, and building materials. Aside from being used to make ropes and cords, the hemp plant has been used for hundreds of years because it might be good for your health. 2 Because the different parts, like the seed, leaves, and mature flowers, have different chemicals, they can be used for different things.
How the Cannabis sativa plant fits into the law. During the 1900s, strict laws like the Marihuana Tax Act and the Controlled Substances Act were passed, which greatly cut down on the production of all types of Cannabis. Only in 2018 did Cannabis plants become a legal winner. Americans can now grow (with a license) or use hemp because it is already legal at the federal level. Marijuana is still illegal at the federal level, but it is legal in some states.
Hemp Gummies Vs CBD Gummies Source and Extraction Methods
Both CBD gummies and hemp gummies are made from the Cannabis sativa plant. Hemp seeds are used to make gummies, while the hemp flower is used to make CBD gummies. And you get a unique experience from each.
Hemp Gummies Source: Hemp Seed
Hemp seed oil was around before CBD gummies and other CBD products. During the time when essential oils were popular, hemp oil, also called hemp seed oil, was a favorite. Some people who used hemp oil said that it helped them with things like skin problems, inflammation, and stress. In recent years, it has become possible to eat it in the form of hemp gummies, which is a more fun and effective way to get more hemp seed into your body.
The types of fatty acids in hemp seeds. 25% to 30% of the oil in hemp seeds comes from cold pressing and solvent extraction. Most of the time, cold pressing is used to get the oil out. This method has a recovery rate of 60% to 80%.
Why choose oil from hemp seeds? Many people know that hemp seeds have a high amount (around 90%) of -6/-3 unsaturated fatty acids. Compared to other plant oils, hemp seed oil has the most polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA). When a person has enough PUFA in their body, it’s good for their health in many ways.
There are a lot of sterols, phytol, and tocopherol in hemp seed oil. Olive oil has half as much sterol as hemp seed oil does. -sitosterol, which is good for your whole body, makes up 68% of this sterol. Tocopherol is a very powerful antioxidant, and hemp seed oil has between 80 and 90 mg per 100 g, which is much more than any other vegetable oil.
CBD Gummies Source: Hemp Flower Only
Hemp gummies are made with hemp seed oil. This shows how good the CBD gummies are because almost all of the CBD in a hemp plant is found in the flowers. If your gummies come from other parts of the hemp plant, you should look for a different brand.
Most companies that make CBD use the stems and leaves of the hemp plant. When making a CBD gummy, those parts of the hemp plant are almost worthless. At Hemp Bomb, we throw these parts away right away because we think we get and give our customers the most if we only use hemp flowers to make our tasty CBD gummies.
- Most of the cannabinoids in a Cannabis plant are found in the flower, specifically in the tiny hairs called trichomes that look like resin.
- Cannabinoids attach to the CB1 and CB2 receptors of our endocannabinoid system, which are spread throughout the central and peripheral nervous systems. The effects of cannabinoids depend on which receptors they bind to.
- Full-spectrum CBD products have CBD, THC, and all the major and minor cannabinoids that come from the hemp plant. Something called the “entourage effect,” makes the CBD work better. CBD works fine on its own, but it works better when combined with all the other cannabinoids found in the hemp plant.
- THC: Let’s start with THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, which is the most well-known and researched cannabinoid in the Cannabis sativa plant. One of the main reasons why the plant is so heavily regulated is that it can make people feel high. THC makes you feel “high.”
- CBD – CBD, or cannabidiol, is one of the main cannabinoids that has been getting a lot of attention in recent years. Clinical and anecdotal evidence shows that CBD is good for your health. It can help relieve stress, pain, inflammation, and other symptoms.
- There are more than 100 other cannabinoids besides THC and CBD. When you use full-spectrum CBD gummies, you can use their effects as well as the entourage effect.
- Intricate hemp flower harvesting. A study found that the amount of cannabinoids, especially THC, CBD, and CBG, get much higher as the hemp flowers get older, especially during the 6th and 7th week. On average, each acre of hemp grows 2500 pounds of dried hemp flower with a CBD content of 6.5%. So unique are Flower-only Full-Spectrum CBD Gummies. Farming is hard work, but it pays off in the end.
- High CBD means high THC in hemp flowers, so CBD manufacturers need to keep a close eye on identification and analysis to make sure the cannabis extract has the right amount of THC.
Hemp Gummies Vs. CBD Gummies: Which is Better?
Gummies made from industrial hemp are easy to take and can be very helpful for people who are trying to eat and live healthier. Anecdotal evidence shows that both are good for your health. But they each have their own rules that you need to be aware of before deciding what to add to your routine. Hemp gummies vs. CBD gummies, you may prefer one or the other. If this detailed look at CBD and hemp gummies isn’t enough for you, the experts at Hemp bomb may be able to help you learn more through our reliable customer service!