The full form of EMDR is ‘Eye Movement desensitization and reprocessing, and it is a therapy which can relieve distress associated with traumatic memories. Vyas-Lee is a famed EMDR Therapy centre in London, and is regarded very high in terms of the treatment of this condition.
What is EMDR Therapy and How Does it Actually Work?
Well, the EMDR Therapy happens to be a focused approach for the treatment of trauma and other symptoms by reconnecting the patient (traumatized) in a safer and measured way to self-thoughts, images, emotions and body sensations linked to the condition of trauma. This therapy allows the natural healing powers of the brain to move to the adaptive resolution.
The researches, so far, has been done reveal that EMDR is an effectual method for the best treatment of the psychological distress.
According to NICE (National Institute of Clinical Excellence) and WHO (World Health Organization), EMDR Therapy is a recommended treatment for PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder).
The Advantages of EMDR Therapy
- As for the advantages of this therapy, it can help relieve shame, fear, loss of control and other emotions which emerge from trauma. The patient’s traumatic memories will become incorporated with a positive sense of self so that they can then not cause the patient any distress.
- EMDR Therapy transforms your beliefs. It often happens that majority of the people subconsciously hold self-limiting beliefs emerged inside the people due to unhappy experiences of life (in the past).
- It recovers you from trauma.
- It brings results very fast.
- EMDR Therapy utterly helps the patients manage little stresses before they increase.
- It is a way of continuing improvement.
Your Confusions Cleared About Does It Really Works?’
If we go with the studies done so far on EMDR Therapy and its working, yes it does work fin. These researches show that this therapy very effectually eradicates or lessens the symptoms of many mental health problems in people. The patients have reported the improvements.
The Symptoms Treated by EMDR Therapy
Initially EMDR Therapy was used for the treatment of PTSD symptoms, but later it also started treating the symptoms of panic disorder and depression. The symptoms, it treats include:
- Trouble concentrating
- Angry outbursts
- Feeling Hopeless, guilty or helpless
- Feeling irritable
- Low mood
- Motivation lacking
- Feeling Choked
- Sense of dread
- Pain in chest
Reasons for Choosing Vyas-Lee for Your EMDR Therapy
There are numerous reasons for choosing Vyas-Lee for EMDR Therapy among many other practitioners in London. The notable reasons include:
- You like working with an approachable and private therapist.
- You like that your therapist gives you complete time by knowing about your complete history.
- You are looking for experienced and courteous therapists.
- You like only simple explanations and no medical terminology to get confused.
- You want the best therapists onboard.
Contact them or book an appointment with the therapist at Vyas-Lee in London.