Forklifts are machines that are necessary for lifting cargos across a wide range of industries. To make these forklifts work efficiently, companies require a regular supply of forklift parts and accessories. Just like other industries, it isn’t just enough to get the parts but to ensure good quality as well. Therefore, one must remember to locate reputed companies for these parts.
For forklift operators, it is very important to know about the different accessories and parts being used in the machines. Knowing this will ensure that they practice safety at all times, and it will also help them tell their bosses about machine conditions. When companies are able to buy forklift accessories throughout the year, safety inside the workplace automatically becomes high.
Some important parts
A description of all parts of a forklift is beyond the scope of this write-up. Some of the critically important parts for a forklift are as follows:
- Mast – This is the part of the forklift responsible for lifting and lowering the load. Various kinds of masts are available to lift the weights to different heights.
- Forks – Long extensions used to support loads from the bottom are called forks. Attached to the carriage, they are available in different widths.
- Load backrest – It prevents the load from toppling in the direction of the driver. The load is able to rest against a flat surface and the backrest enables safe loading and unloading.
- Carriage – It mounts the forks to the mast and behaves like a support structure for the forklift
- Overhead guard – This frame, present around the forklift’s cab, prevents large objects from tumbling on to the driver
- Radiator – Much like the radiator in a car, this is also a heat exchanger. The only difference is that it weights much more than the one mentioned above.
Ensuring that the forklift is operational
More than buying or renting a forklift, maintaining it in good condition is important. Proper service plans are necessary to keep the machinery working well. Also, the parts purchased must always be genuine, for which the efforts of the purchase department in a logistics operations are important. They will need to research on the Internet and may also need to physically check a few companies.
Method to select the best forklift accessories
As visible above, parts and accessories are not just 1-2 but several in number. The aim of every genuine part is to help forklifts last for many years. Smooth operation is a major requirement for every part. Other than the accessories mentioned above, there are more as well. Here is more information on how to choose the best ones:
- Many companies – One doesn’t have to buy from the first company that is explored. Take a look at the numerous options in the market, most of which have their websites.
- Method of delivery – It is important to get critical information about freight charges on forklift parts and delivery times prior to dispatch. Late arrival of any part is usually not favorable for any business.
- Correct Serial number – Every forklift part comes with a specific Serial Number. The number of a new part must be compatible with the forklift for a successful match.
- Look for maintenance programs – Many companies which offer forklift parts also have maintenance programs. If the maintenance cost is taken care of by suitable warranty, it gives confidence to a customer.
- Same day or next day shipping – A number of forklift part manufacturers can ensure that the goods are dispatched on either the same day or order placement or the next. This facility will be greatly useful for any warehousing operation that needs forklift parts on an urgent basis.
- Wholesale prices – Wholesale prices make it easy to purchase a large number of parts, and also ensures continued business throughout the year
Importance of forklift lights
Safety is most important in a warehousing operation, and one of the best ways to ensure this is by the use of suitable forklift lights. Such lights are available both for the front and the rear, and help the staff know about the vehicle’s presence. Here are the specific advantages:
- Making clear borders – Forklifts are heavy, with each of them having a large turning radius. Lights on them warn employees in time and thereby prevent mishaps.
- Speeds of arrival – Employees are able to know not just about the arrival of the forklift in a particular direction, but also about its relative speed. In this manner, the lights help to increase worker safety.
- High durability – All forklift LED warning lights are sturdy and are able to withstand major shocks and vibrations. These vehicles do not come with traditional suspension systems.
- No need to warm up – Forklift LED lights use very little power and can be effective as soon as they are started, as they do not have to be warmed u