It is certain, that you have made up your mind to enrol in Yoga Teacher Training in India. But which style? Which school? Are you sure of the attributes, that you are looking for? There are various yoga styles out there, like Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, and Kundalini Yoga to name a few. It is very similar to choosing a degree for your academic life. Most people looked for self-healing previously, and that is why they looked for yoga classes.
But the sudden surge in its popularity, has led people to believe that they can actually change their careers midway, and become a successful yoga teacher. That is the reason, you will find many yoga schools mushrooming in various parts of the world. Additionally, westerners are not leaving any stone unturned to find the best yoga teacher training courses in the market.
You can choose the right yoga teacher training, right where it was born. Yes, it is in India, that you can lay your hands on the right yoga teacher training.
Tips to Find The Right Yoga TTC in Rishikesh
Here are a few things, that you need to keep in mind, while looking for the best Yoga TTC in Rishikesh.
- Check The Location – This may sound irrelevant, as you are already heading to the Himalayas for your yoga teacher training. But there is a catch here. You should check to see the surroundings. The place should be in natural surroundings, but have a market nearby, and should be safe for commute. It should be a place, that is disconnected from the hustle-bustle, yet connected to the city market place. There should be no political tension in the area, too. You must go through the accommodation facilities that are available to you. Yoga Vidya Mandiram is located in the right place, in Rishikesh, surrounded by streams, rivers, and mountains. So, it is the perfect place to do your Yoga Teacher Training in India.
- Check The Course Background – This is another factor, which is important for you. Many new schools are coming up, and they seem to be offering certified courses. But, behind the curtains, they may be offering or teaching the course since a few months. So, there will be a lot of difference in their offerings, and the offerings of the schools who have been offering programs for decades. Trust and loyalty are important factors, that you should consider here. You should check the website and find out the reviews and testimonials. Learn how the program works. Moreover, you should contact the school, before paying the fee. Start following their social media channels as well. This is something that, you need to do, if you are serious about your learning.
- Check the Certification – You must check the certifications of the yoga school. It is highly important, that you should look for Yoga Alliance certification. It is an international non-governmental body, which sets the standards for yoga teacher training. The same applies to the best schools located across the globe. There are cheaper non-accredited programs and courses, but you should always go for the certified ones. Yoga Alliance certification proves to be really effective as, it leads to a global certification, wherein you can apply for RYT or registered yoga teacher certification and teach globally.
- Find Out About The Faculty – This is another factor, which is really important, before you take the final plunge. More than the school or the course, it is the delivery mode that matters at times. The faculty is supposed to transfer knowledge, and not just teach. The experience of the yogi teaching you, and a mundane yoga teacher training certified teacher teaching the same thing, makes a whole lot of difference. Yogis have more expertise, and address the foundational needs of the courses. So, it is absolutely important, that you find out the background of the teachers. This will make the decision-making process easier. Moreover, the teacher should be well-conversant in various yoga styles, not just one. This will lead to a varied learning style, as no two classes will be monotonous.
- Course Syllabus – While finding the right yoga teacher training for you, you should also find out the course syllabus. It is really important for you to understand, that yoga is a not a fitness modality, but much more than that. Yoga creates a connection between the mind, body, and soul. You must find the topics like Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga-Vinyasa Yoga, Kundalini Awakening, Pranayama, Meditation, Mudras, Bandhas, and Kriyas. These are topics, without which, the yoga course will be incomplete. You should also learn about Yoga Anatomy, Yoga Physiology and Yoga Philosophy. The base has to be strong, and it will be strong, when you learn about the latter. As a teacher, you have to understand your student’s body, and suggest alignment and modifications accordingly.
- Cost – No one is going to pay for your course, but you. It goes without saying, that the 200 hour yoga teacher training course is something, that you need to start with, to teach. Compare the prices from across the schools that are available in Rishikesh. You will definitely find the fees for the courses at Yoga Vidya Mandiram, really competitive. But, do not always be fooled by low prices. You have to check, the comprehensiveness of the course. Does it cover all that is there to know? Yoga TTC in Rishikeshis gaining a lot of popularity, but you need to exercise your judgement, while choosing the right courses.
Choose Yoga Styles That Suits You
Hatha Yoga – It is the most suitable course for beginners, who need to develop strength and balance. It is a quiet practice, that makes you ready to work internally, or for other dynamic styles. Pranayama and Satkarma which is taught as a part of the course, which cleanses the physical body. It is absolutely necessary to migrate inwards, which is what yoga is all about.
Vinyasa Yoga – This is one of the most popular forms of yoga. It combines movement with breath flow. Moreover, the asanas are linked to one another. It is flow yoga.
Ashtanga Yoga – This is another flow yoga. The series are also dynamic, and consist of Vinyasa postures strung with each other. Many people call it Power Yoga.
So, you can decide your style and take the plunge.