Do you have a good mattress? Are you planning to buy a new one? Buying a new mattress is one of the significant additions, and so requires a lot of consideration. Quality mattresses are generally expensive, so you need to think well beforehand. Mattress plays a very important role in your lifestyle, not only while you are sleeping, but when you are just relaxing on it. The right spring, coil and the covering material are very important factors when you buy mattresses. Check the coir and the foam quality before you make the final payment. It will also avoid some chronic health issues. Hence, if you are checking out different options in the market, you must know what all things to consider buying the right one.
Following are some of the guidelines that you help in purchasing the best suitable mattresses:
- Select a proper size: Size is one of the crucial things you need to pay attention to while purchasing a mattress. Some of the factors that you need to consider for selecting the right size are room size, sleeping with your spouse, comfort preferences, lifestyle, budget, and body size. It is advisable to select the mattress that is around 4 to 5 inches big than you and your spouse. It should also be wide enough so that you can sleeping comfortably without distracting your spouse. Check whether you are buying the mattresses for a king or a queen size bed.
- Pay attention to the support it offers: The mattress you choose must be solid so that it offers proper support based on your sleeping style and body shape. Also, make sure that mattress supports your entire body, and most importantly your spinal cord. Therapeutic and medical mattresses provide the much-needed cushioning to your spinal cord.
- Take trial before buying: There are chances that you might feel a bit awkward to try the mattress before purchasing. However, it is important that you lie down on mattresses and try before making the payment. You can check a mattress without a box and also buy one that is enclosed and packed in a box. If you are going to share the mattress with your spouse, make sure your spouse also shares it. You should at least spend fifteen minutes on the mattress you are considering purchasing.
- Beware of gimmicks: Some sellers label their mattresses as medically approved or orthopedic. However, the fact is that there is no medical organization that legally certifies mattress. The mattress might have some orthopedic-friendly elements, but there is no verification of this.
- Ask about the returns and exchange: Even if you have tried the mattress in the store itself, you will be able to judge only when you sleep one night or a week. It is for this reason many dealers offer comfort trail time. Also, there are some of the dealers which might charge some fees for opting for this service. Paying these fees is worth it if you are buying it online.
- Pay attention to the warranty: Good quality mattresses have at least ten years of warranty for a complete replacement or non-prorated warranty. Check if the anti-microbial layers are there, that will provide additional comfort. High resilience is another feature that enhances the quality of the mattress.
- Speak to your doctor: Do you have some health conditions? If yes, make sure you speak to your physical therapist or doctor for their advice. Doctors and physical therapist are not the mattresses professionals however, they are aware of your health condition and signs, so will be able to offer proper advice based on this.
These are some of the tips you need to keep in mind at the time of searching for the best mattress for your needs.