A paging system is that kind of communication system which allows one-way communication to a large audience. Regardless of the broadcast source, a paging system enables the speaker to provide clear, amplified instructions throughout the facility. A paging employee speaks the message into the telephone, and that message is then broadcasted throughout the network of speakers. In an industrial paging system, these messages can also be recorded and broadcasted at a later time.
Advantages Of Paging Systems
There are various advantages to using a paging system for communication:
- In this emails are often ignored, or they are captured by spam blockers.
- Here mass texts depend upon a strong & local phone network.
- An industrial paging system is hard-wired into the infrastructure of the building, to allow reliable mass communication.
- On this system, a network of speakers ensures that every single message is communicated to every area of the building simultaneously. Also, you can send messages to specific building/zones if required.
- In this system, there is no need for a dedicated broadcast mechanism. You can simply pick up the phone, select the system and broadcast your message to the entire building.
Common Use Of A Paging System
Paging systems are useful In health care centres. Using a pager to notify the patients waiting for their treatment allows them to walk around instead of just waiting in the line or at the waiting room. Also, the families of the patients can be notified about the completion of the procedure from the operating room, radiology departments, etc. This system also helps in notifying the staff from office computers or telephones or from the patients’ rooms.
Nurseries under health clubs & churches can also use a paging system for notifying the parents. Parents can be notified about the time to pick up their children or otherwise notify if they need to be there for any other reason. Using a paging system for church nurseries is also beneficial as it doesn’t disturb the worshipers in the area.
Schools & Universities
Schools and universities can make use of two distinct industrial paging systems-one for their students and one for the staff. Students can use pagers for registration & records, availability of the book in the library, or for guidance counselling schedules. Staff members can use pagers to notify anybody in their department or the entire university for making special announcements or for sending urgent messages from their telephones or computers.