Large companies manage a lot of routine tasks. Of course, they want to find new ways to reduce expenses and time. To reach this goal, a lot of businesses start enterprise app development.
It’s possible to use mobile applications for both — workers and clients. Such apps help keep track of all projects and tasks.
In this guide, you can find out the enterprise app development benefits, factors to consider beforehand. Also, we’ll discuss types of apps for large companies and how to make a useful application.
What Is an Enterprise App?
The primary goal of enterprise applications is to make the workflow better. So, the system can contain tutorials for employees, databases, plans, and so on.
It’s common to create custom solutions to follow the requirements of a particular company. Enterprise mobile apps can duplicate the software from the employees’ working PC or solve other issues.
These days, people tend to work out of the office. Due to the convenience of mobile apps, they tend to boost sales, improve communication, and more.
Types of Enterprise Mobile Apps
Enterprise solutions can be divided into several types depending on their level.
- Employee level. As its name says, this app is developed to solve the internal problems. For example, it can help top managers follow all the project details like deadlines or meetings.
- Department level. Mobile apps for departments assist the whole department of your company (e.g. marketing or financial teams). Department level apps can also be profitable for customers since they can get instant feedback from the workers.
- Company level. Such applications connect all the departments of your company. They allow employees to connect their chiefs and provide access to various documents, databases, and others.
Advantages of Enterprise Application Development
Enterprise solutions bring such benefits as higher productivity of the workers and increased revenue. Of course, there are more positive sides of mobile apps for enterprises. Below you can find the details.
- Transaction control. Mobile applications have a lot of opportunities to manage the company’s transactions. For example, it can control payment deadlines or send reminders.
- Company focus. Every company has several primary goals. Custom software solutions help focus on them. Additionally, they automate routine tasks and decrease human mistakes.
- Supply chain. It’s profitable to make apps for companies that work with supply chains. During logistics software development, you can add features to plan the delivery or manage the transportation process.
The primary purpose of enterprise app development is to optimize the company’s processes due to the automation of routine tasks.
Factors to Consider Before Enterprise App Development
There are several essential points that you need to pay attention to.
- Employees’ requirements. The main users of your enterprise app are the company’s workers. As a result, they can give a bunch of cool ideas to make the application useful and profitable. It’s better to study their requirements and expectations before starting the development process.
- Security. Great attention should be paid to security issues since there is a lot of corporate data. It’s necessary to create safe ways to transfer, storage, and use this information.
- Agile development method. This strategy stands for step-by-step project development. It’s quite useful for enterprise apps since it’s easy to make changes and improve the product.
How to Develop an Enterprise App?
Mobile app development requires time and preparation.
We’ve singled out six vital stages to follow during enterprise app development.
#1. Write the Specification
Having an idea to make an app for your company, you need to consider requirements, business goals, and deadlines. It’s better to create a document with all the collected information.
#2. Choose the Platform
There are two popular platforms for mobile app building — iOS and Android. Considering enterprise apps, it’s better to create applications for two platforms simultaneously. Why? Your workers have various devices. To work properly, your company needs two apps.
#3. Get Wireframes and UI/UX Design
This stage allows you to see how the app will work. During this step, you define the features and capabilities of the application. As for UI/UX design, you need to create a user-friendly one. The users don’t want to spend time trying to understand how the app works. It’s significant not to overload the application with various animations and complicated elements. Enterprise apps should be straightforward and intuitive.
To make a scalable and quality solution, you need to cooperate with experienced developers. For example, you can create an in-house team or choose a reliable software development vendor. Such specialists can build a product following your requirements and business goals.
It’s common to involve your employees in the testing stage. They can give appropriate feedback and generate ideas for improvements.
Of course, there are Quality Assurance engineers. They test the enterprise app carefully to find and fix bugs.
As you can see, enterprise app development brings a lot of benefits to your business. However, you need to prepare your requirements and expectations. Depending on your goals, the development process can be expensive and time-consuming.