Ehsaas undergraduate scholarship program is the largest need-based initiative taken by any government in the history of Pakistan. This program makes sure that every year approximately 50,000 students who do not have a stable income source or come from a low-income family are able to get study scholarships so that they can continue higher studies in 4 to 5-year5 year undergraduate degree programs.
This government initiative is a key to making sure that the youth is becoming an integral part of Pakistan’s progress and is not stopped by the shackles of society or reduced income sources. This radical program covers almost the entire tuition that is 100% and also accounts for a living stipend of 4,000 per month.
Ehsaas undergraduate program does not discriminate or is biased in its workings, it has a wide geographical coverage that originates from the heart of Pakistan and covers all the areas as well as borders such as Punjab, Balochistan, Sindh, and KPK.
Students can simply apply by clicking on https://ehsaas.hec.gov.pk.
Applicants can also check the given website for Ehsaas Program CNIC Check- Online Registration.
Every year the portal opens for applications during the mid of September. And a number of students across the nation benefitted from this program.
Some of the documents that are needed by the Financial Aid Office for the smooth application process are as follows:
- Copy of CNIC / B.Form of the applicant
- Copy of CNIC (Father, Mother/ Guardian)
- Salary Slip / Income Certificate (Father/Guardian, Mother)
- Copy of Latest Month’s Utility Bills (if facility available) containing the history of bills of last six months (Electricity, Gas, Telephone, Water)
- Copy of Rent Agreement in case of a Rented House
- Copies of Last Fee Receipts of Applicant and Siblings (If applicable)
- Copies of Medical Bills/ expenditure related documents (if applicable)
- One Passport-size Photograph of Applicant
- Pictures of House (Front Elevation)
You have to submit all the above-mentioned documents alongside the printout of the application form that you have generated online.
Note for the applicants: The application that is either incomplete / tampered with or is falsely written will get rejected on the spot.
The Eligibility Criteria of Ehsaas Scholarship
- Are new admissions in the fall of 2021.
- Have gotten admission on the basis of merit.
- Are enrolled in those degree programs that are pre-approved by HEC
- Have the same age as required by the educational institutions regarding the age that is required at the time of admission
- Fulfill the eligibility criteria of belonging to a low-income family as it is required in the project’s policy
Frequently Asked Questions About Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program
- Are the students of private universities eligible for this scholarship?
Students of private institutes / affiliated campuses/ universities are not eligible for Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program.
- Are students of Government college/ affiliated colleges eligible for this program?
Students who are enrolled in government college/ affiliated campuses or colleges are NOT eligible for this program.
- How to apply if the mother of the applicant is deceased and her CNIC details are not available?
The student or applicant can proceed with the submission of CNIC details of any other blood relative such as his/her father, brother, or sister.
- Is there a test or any other defining criteria for this scholarship?
No, no test or any other exam is required for acquiring Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program.
- Is there a way to edit/ correct the information on the application form?
Once the applicant has submitted the online application form there is no way for he/her to edit that application form. But you can print the application and then can make the required changes on the printout. This application form now needs the applicant’s signature at all the places where the changes have been made. In addition to this, proof of change is also needed to be submitted to the financial aid office of your university. The changes will be made official by the applicant’s university staff and thus will be considered finalized.
- Is the CNIC mandatory for application submission?
In case the applicant’s age is not 18 years old when he/she is allowed to bring or attach or use his/her B-form number.