Most people are interested in expressing their creativity and displaying artistic talent while making colourful pieces of clothing, bed sheets or on textile. Fabric printing would be the result of this. If you have a black t-shirt that you would like to dedicate to someone by imprinting their photo or on a piece of fabric or you would turn it into a beautiful bed sheet by printing with different colours, patterns, motifs on the fabric, it could be a great way to personalise a lot of clothes and other materials.
If you are looking to learn about fabric printing or print design on fabric, you could check out The Print School website. They offer various courses on fabric printing, how to use Photoshop for fabric printing and so on.
The only way to add colour to a single piece of clothing or rug in the past was to make use of different colours of wool, cotton or some material you would use for making the thing. You should try to paint the finished product and hope that it doesn’t fall off afterwards. The old methods were not bad and not simple to pull off as they would need some skill to do them well enough. There are many different ways to make the fabric print of your choice, whichever colour or colours you might imagine.
· Spray Adhesive Method: This is a quick method that needs few supplies. This method is used mainly for art and craft projects. Spray adhesives, some of them, are repositionable which allows for detailed placement.
· Freezer Paper Method: This is the least expensive method and makes use of freezer paper. It is readily available in some countries but not in others.
· Label Method: This is the method that is usually used as it could be the fastest. The printing would look very impressive on fabric and is easy to do within a short period.
· Printable Fabric Sheets: This is a great method, to begin with, if you have issues in putting things into a printer, other than making use of paper. This is a fool-proof method and there is no need to worry or take any extra steps to take care of the printing.
· Photo Fabric Printing Solution: For this technique, you could make use of a homemade solution to apply to the fabric before printing it. This could be an optimal method when printing photographs on fabric.
· Professional Printing with Spoonflower: This is one of the most expensive companies that print the fabric for you. The design needs to be uploaded, choosing the fabric comes next and then the printing process takes place. The advantage here is that you could print much larger sizes as they could print on a whole yard.
Fabric printing offers great results and is easier when compared to hand printing. As fabric printing by machines is gradually getting replaced by digital printing, fabric printing remains active still to the day.Click here to see more about The Print School. When modern technology gels with the traditional methods of printing, it speeds up the process of output.