Quickbooks is a great application when it comes to providing all-in-one accounting solutions to medium and small-sized firms. But, what if the Quickbooks application won’t start on your system? Frustrating isn’t it? Well, this is one of the common issues that you may encounter using Quickbooks. There are times when Quickbooks may fail to start on the system. The error may display as Quickbooks doesn’t start or Quickbooks is not responding. The error can be resolved easily if you know different reasons for encountering the issue. Get a list of all the causes of Quickbooks responding issues below.
Factors Leading to Quickbooks Not Responding
- The Quickbooks installation or QBWUSER.ini file is no more present on your system.
- The installation process is not performed properly.
- Quickbooks or the Windows operating system is not updated to the latest version.
- In case the hard disk on which your file is present is damaged.
Signs to Detect Quickbooks Issue
- Your hardware may hang or perform slowly.
- In case the mouse or keyboard does not respond to the user input slowly.
- You may not receive any new updates for Windows operating system.
- Also, the system may hang when you attempt to open the Quickbooks company file.
- Quickbooks application may not start on the system.
Easy Fixes for Quickbooks Not Opening
Check out all the proven methods to fix Quickbooks won’t open in this section of the article. Follow the methods in the same sequence to avoid any complications in the process.
Fix 1: End QBW32.exe Process
- To begin with, you will have to hover to the taskbar and then right-click on the same.
- Now, you will have to choose to run Windows task manager on the system.
- Under this, you will have to tap on the processes tab and then tap on the Image name. All the processes will now appear alphabetically on the screen.
- When done, you will have to look for the exe file.
- Now, choose the QBW32.exe process and tap on the end process option.
Fix 2: Modifying QBWUSER.ini File’s Name
- First, you will have to look for the folder in which you have saved the QBWUSER.ini file. In case the folder is not visible to you, you can also tap on the option to enable hidden files.
- When done, from the folder, tap on the QBWUSER.ini file. Right-click on the file and choose rename option.
- Now, type OLD in the name of the file and then save the changes that you have made to the file.
- You will then have to change the name of the ecml file. In the end, check if you are facing the same issue.
Fix 3: Fixing Quickbooks
- To begin with, you will have to press the ALT+DEL+CTRL keys together.
- It will then start Task manager on the system.
- In the task manager, you will have to click on the process tab.
- Under this tab, you will have to find the Quickbooks process.
- Now, tap on it and click on the End process option.
- When done, a confirmation message appears on the screen, confirm the same. When done, tap on the option to end all the processes.
- Now, open Quickbooks again on the system.
- After this, you will have to click on the option to repair Quickbooks.
Fix 4: Employ Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- To begin with, open the Quickbooks website and then download the latest version of the Quickbooks tool hub.
- Save the file that you have downloaded on the desktop or any other easily accessible folder.
- When done, you will have to tap on the file and begin the installation.
- Click on the Next option on the welcome screen and agree to the license prompt.
- Now, finish the installation by pursuing the prompts appearing on the screen.
- When done, you will have to tap on the tool icon and start the tool on the system.
- Next, you will have to click on the installation issues tab.
- Under this tab, choose to start Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- Wait for the tool to start. The scanning process will then start.
- On completion of the process, you will have to close the tool hub window and then start Quickbooks.
Fix 5: Create New Windows User
- To start with, you will have to open the Control panel on the system. In the control panel, you will have to tap on the User account tab.
- Under this, select the manage user option.
- Now, tap on the option to add a user.
- Now, you will have to type the name of your account and then choose the domain as administrator. Tap on the Ok option.
- Windows 10 users will have to click on the Administrator option.
- When done, you will have to tap on the finish and the user accounts dialogue box will open. In the prompt, tap on Ok.
Fix 6: Register Quickbooks Again
- For this, you will have to check if you have registered the Quickbooks application on your system or not.
- To check, you will have to start the Quickbooks application. On your keyboard, press F2 to check all the details of the application.
- When done, you will have to type the license number in the registration text box.
- In case you have already registered on the Quickbooks application, you will not have to perform any steps.
- Now, if you are not registered, follow the following steps mentioned.
- For this, you will have to terminate the Product information system window.
- When done, in the Quickbooks application, tap on the Help menu.
- Under this, click on the option to activate the Quickbooks application.
- When done, you will have to license the key and then click on Ok.
- Now, close Quickbooks and start it again. Again check if you are registered on the application or not.
Quickbooks not starting issue interrupt the workflow of the user and hence, affects the productivity. With all the methods listed in this article, you will be able to fix the issue hassle-free. However, in case the issue is still not resolved, you can talk to the support team. Hope this helped you.