You know that you are pregnant, yet you aren’t sure? At least you aren’t medically sure. You go ahead and buy a home pregnancy test kit, you take the test and there it is. Two lines on that stick! But, can we go back to the feeling you had before this test? The one that felt like you are pregnant. They are signs, not from the universe, but your body. Let’s see if you experience what almost every pregnant woman goes through in the early months of their pregnancy journey
10 Early signs of Pregnancy
- Changes in your breast – You may notice that your bra size has changed or your nipples have darkened. You may have breast tenderness too.
- Increase in frequency of urination – Do you find yourself rushing to the bathroom again and again? That could be an early sign of pregnancy. The hormone responsible for this change is called HCG. This change is an indicator of the fertilized egg implanting to your uterine wall.
- Nausea – Strong smells may make you feel a little puckish. Yes, pregnancy brings in a lot of nausea and for some women, vomiting. Though, vomiting may be more common in the second or third week of inception.
- Feeling tired – Exhaustion and fatigue may make you want to lie in bed all the time. The progesterone level increases, causing this early sign of pregnancy to manifest.
- Abdominal cramping – Similar to PMS, the implantation may cause premenstrual like symptoms, without the actual bleeding. You may also experience some backache and abdominal bloating during this period.
- Cervical Mucus discharge – The mucus from the cervix stays thick and white during the entire pregnancy. You don’t have to worry about it though, as it keeps bacteria at bay and cleans the vagina regularly. Incase your mucus smells different or foul, it is advisable to get it checked with your gynaecologist.
- Sore gums – You may notice some bleeding and soreness from your gums. But, do not worry, this early sign of pregnancy eases out with time. Just make sure to brush your teeth properly and make some time for your dentist.
- Weird taste – Or, metallic taste! Yes, this may stay even after you brush your teeth or eat your food. An early sign of pregnancy, this happens due to shifting in hormones and may remain till the second trimester of pregnancy.
- Constipation – Progesterone is the culprit here! It affects the bowel movement by slowing it down. Try to have loads of water and don’t forget to stay hydrated.
- Sensitivity towards temperature – Yes, you may feel cold when it’s warm and warm when it is cold. You may experience this soon after conception. But fret not, it is normal.
Bonus: Moodiness – You by now know that your hormones are fluctuating and your body is going through a lot of changes. Your mood may be a victim to that. But, its only natural to feel a little or a lot moody at the end of the day!
It is important to keep in mind that these symptoms require medical attention, in case they aggravate. Keep your gynaecologist on speed dial and make sure to keep them posted on every small or big change you notice.
And if you want any assistance in your pregnancy journey, you can call Credihealth 8010994994