One thing that bonds everyone is sports!
After all, sports is all about ‘teamness,’ and ‘togetherness,’ isn’t it?
How we cheer and get excited when India makes a six!
How we dance when India wins the world cup!
One fever that stays all around the year is ‘sports fever’!
And this is one fever that does not make us sick but excited, and maybe, that’s why we have so many movies made on sports!
You would surely be excited about the coming IPL season and would have already decided on the team you will support, isn’t it?
Ask a child what he wants to become, he will say, “A cricketer or a footballer!”
Yes, sports is one thing that is loved by all, especially children!
And that makes them more prone to ‘sports injury’!
We are all aware of the growing love for sports but are you aware of the growing sports injuries in the country?
Now, what is a sports injury?
Indeed, sports brings a lot of excitement and happiness, but it also brings pain in the form of sports injuries!
After all, nothing is entirely black or white, and sports is no exception!
Sports injuries happen while playing sports or while exercising.
What happened? Are you thinking now how you will play your favorite football game and wishing you could overcome this obstacle called ‘sports injury’ and not let it come in between you and your first love- sports?
Then now is the time to make your wishes turn true!
Yes, you read it right! Don’t worry; you can easily treat and prevent sports injuries by visiting Dr. Ratnav Ratan, a renowned sports orthopedic doctor in Gurgaon. He provides various effective treatments to treat and get rid of sports injuries!
Before we discuss the treatments provided by him to treat sports injuries, first, let us understand the different types of sports injuries, their diagnosis, risk factors, and more!
So, what are the different types of sports injuries?
The different types of sports injuries are as follows-
- Sprains: Sprains are mainly caused by tearing ligaments or overstretching.
- Strains: The main reason for strains is tearing muscles or overstretching.
- Swollen muscles: Swelling is a natural consequence of an injury and may lead to pain.
- Dislocations: Bone dislocations are common in sports injuries. It causes swelling and pain.
- Achilles tendon rupture: The Achilles tendon is found at the back of the ankle. The tendon can rupture or break while playing sports and cause terrible pain and make walking difficult.
- Knee injuries
- Rotator cuff injury
Who are at a greater risk of sports injuries?
Anyone can experience a sports injury, but according to Dr. Ratnav Ratan, the below-mentioned people are more prone to sports injury-
- Children: As mentioned earlier, children are at an increased risk of sports injuries as they are physically very active.
- Age: People belonging to a higher age group are more likely to experience sports injuries.
- Delayed treatment: Those who do not seek treatment for their injury on time and ignore it are more prone to severe injuries. Proper care and timely treatment are necessary to prevent the injury from worsening.
- Being overweight: Excess weight may lead to stress on your knees, hips, ankles, and joints which further increases when playing sports and increases the risk of sports injury.
How is sports injury diagnosed?
Dr. Ratnav Ratan performs a physical examination and learns about your medical history by asking questions about your injury etc. He may also diagnose the injury by suggesting you do specific tests as follows-
- X- rays
- CT scans
What are the treatment options used to treat sports injuries?
The most common and popular method suggested by Dr. Ratnav Ratan to treat sports injury is the RICE method.
An interesting name, isn’t it?
You might be interested to learn about the RICE method and might be wondering whether it has anything to do with the rice we eat, right?
Well, then let us tell you here RICE doesn’t mean the rice we eat, but here RICE stands for
- R- Rest
- C- Compression
- E- Elevation
This treatment method helps treat mild sports injuries. It helps decrease swelling and prevents bruising and pain in the early days after a sports injury.
The orthopedic doctor may also prescribe specific medicines to treat sports injuries and reduce swelling and pain.
For serious sports injuries, Dr. Ratnav Ratan may suggest surgery and recommend physiotherapy.
Are you suffering from a sports injury?
Don’t worry! Seek help from Dr. Ratnav Ratan, an experienced orthopedic surgeon right now! He will suggest and provide the most effective treatment for your injury!
How can one prevent sports injuries?
As the saying goes, “Prevention is better than cure” some of the ways by which you can prevent sports injuries and not let it become an obstacle in your favorite sports are as follows-
- It is advisable to stretch and warm up properly.
- It is essential to play sports using the proper technique and equipment.
- If you get injured, take a rest and resume playing sports only after the injury is healed.
- After playing, it is advisable to cool down and engage in stretching that you do during warmup.
The love for sports in India is common, but sports injury in India is also not less common!
Sports injury is rising, especially in Gurgaon and nearby areas.
Are you suffering from a sports injury and unable to play your favorite sports?
Then now is the time to defeat the obstacle of sports injury and get victory twice- once against sports injury and the second in the game you play!
Now is the time to defeat the obstacle and reach the destination of victory by visiting Dr. Ratnav Ratan, a proficient orthopedic doctor in Gurgaon, for sports injury treatment!
So, what are you waiting for?
It is now time to get back on the field and make the best six of your life!