Dr. KK Handa is one of the most eminent ENT surgeons across the country, and holds an extensive experience of more than 27 years. He has been working as Head of Department at ENT as well as Head & Neck Surgery in Medanta Hospital. He has also served as an Associated Professor and Department Head of ENT surgery at AIIMS New Delhi. Dr. Handa has been an examiner for postgraduate, Undergraduate and DNB examinations. Some of his specialities include voice-related disorders, phonosurgery, laser, endoscopic sinus surgery, septoplasty, rhinoplasty and several others. Dr. Kumud Kumar Handa has conducted several workshops at national and international level.
- He is one of the most well-known laryngologists, voice surgeons and Cochlear Implant Surgeon.
- He has several publications to his credit, both at national and international platforms.
- Dr. Handa was also a member of the Governing Body of Association of Otorhinolaryngologists of India.
- He was also the former president of Association of Phonosurgeons of India.
Medical School – Dr. Handa completed his MBBS from Armed Forces Medical College in 1988.
Post Graduation – He further did specialization in ENT surgery from PGIMER Chandigarh in 1993.
He also did DNB from National Board of Examinations in 1994.
Trainings and Certifications – MNAMS, from National Medical Academy, New Delhi in 1995.
Senior Residency, PGIMER in 1996.
Commonwealth Fellowship for Training in Lasers from Glasgow Royal Infirmary UK in 2004.
Previous Work Experience
Dr. Handa worked as :
- Senior resident at Department of ENT surgery, PGIMER Chandigarh from 1993 to 1996
- Assistant Professor at ENT department of All India Institute of Medical Sciences from 1996 to 2003
- Associate Professor as Unit Head and Senior Consultant at Department of ENT and Head & Neck Surgery of All Indian Institute of Medical Sciences from 2003 to 2009
- Director at ENT and Head & Neck Surgery at Medanta Hospital from 2009 till present.
Awards and Accolades –
- Marquis World’s Who’s Who Work in field of ENT 2009
- Kirti Gupta Oration Work in Phonosurgery 2009
- Delivered NK Agarwal oration “Phonosurgery Past Present and Future Work in Phonosurgery 2008
- President’s Appreciation Award By IMA South Delhi branch for services rendered 2005
- First prize for the video presentation Videostroboscopy For Jaiswal video competition at the Annual conference of Association of Otolaryngologists of India, Chandigarh 2001
- Delivered Oration Phonosurgery Work in Phonosurgery 2001
- AOI Travel Fellowship Outstanding ENT Surgeon 1995-96
- British Academic Conference Fellowship For the BACO conference held in Cambridge, Great Britain 1996
- Khosla Gold Medal For the paper on Sensorineural hearing loss in unsafe CSOM in children” at the AOI North chapter, Chandigarh 1995
- First prize At the SP Pamra Essay contest held by Delhi Medical Association 1989
Membership & Certifications:
- President Association of Phonosurgeons of India
- Past Vice President Association of Phonosurgeons of India
- Founder Secretary Association of Phonosurgeons of India
- Member Governing Body of Association of Otorhinolaryngologists of India 2002
- Member Governing Body of Association of Otorhinolaryngologists of India 2009
- Treasurer and past secretary Neurootological and Equilibrium Society of India
- Medical Advisor Laryngectomy Club of India
- Member Indian Society of Otology
- Member Indian Society of Rhinology
- Reviewer Indian Journal of Pediatrics, Indian Journal of Otorhinolaryngology
- Member Foundation of Head and Neck Oncology
- How We do it: A technique for the orientation of endoscopically resected laryngeal specimens; Clinical Otolaryngology A technique for the orientation of endoscopically resected laryngeal lesions. Clin Otolaryngol. 2007 Jun;32(3):201-3 2007
- Thyroxine replacement therapy reverses sleep-disordered breathing in patients with primary hypothyroidism. Sleep Med Jan;7(1):55-61. Epub 2005 Sep 28 2006
- Validation of the modified Berlin questionnaire to identify patients at risk for the obstructive sleep apnea syndrome Indian J Med Res . 2006 Sep ; 124(3) : 281-90. 2006
- Malignant mesenchymal tumor arising from cherubism J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2004 Jun;62(6):744-9 2004
- Preoperative diagnosis of allergic fungal sinusitis Laryngoscope 2003Apr: 113(4): 688-94 200
- Extraanasopharyngeal angiofibroma arising from the nasal septum International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology; 58, 163-166. 200
- Osteogenic sarcoma of the temporal bone American Journal of Otorhinolaryngology, vol 18, No 3 ; pp 220-223
- fungal sinusitis ; clinicopathological characteristics Mycoses 1996 ; 39 ; 1-5. 1996
- Sensorineural deafness in unsafe CSOM in the pediatric age group Indian Journal of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck surgery; 48(2) : 125-130. 1996
A brief about Medanta Hospital
- Medanta hospital is located in New Delhi, the national capital of India and lies amongst the largest hospitals in India.
- The hospital has more than 1600 beds and covers almost 22 specialites.
- The hospital has state-of-the-art and cutting edge technology for treatment at affordable costs.