Every design of the building or structure has a specific lifespan. When the lifespan of the building or structure is over, living there is not safe and can be risky to the neighboring buildings. In such circumstances opting for house demolition is a wise step to maintain the safety measure of the residential area. Besides this there is a long list of reason when house demolition is required.
Structural damage can also be a major reason for demolition the damage ends up in the instability of the building. Irrespective of the reason, if you are planning for building demolition, it is crucial for you to be aware of the various methods of demolition. To get you a clear idea about these processes in this article we’ll focus on the demolition process.
Know about the methods of house demolition:
Following are some of the methods for house demolition and process for building structures:
1. Implosion method for enormous structures: Implosion method is normally used for demolishing huge structures. To carry out this method successfully, blaster crews analyze the whole structure to get an idea about the main elements of the building. blueprints. Explosives are used to destroy the primary support of the building and the building fall off from inside out. The analysis gives the crew an idea about the areas that require additional blast. It is only then, the kind of explosive to be used will be determined. After the inspection the crew determines where to place the explosive and time taken for the explosion.
2. Wrecking Ball as the common and old methods: One of the very common and old methods used for home demolition is the wrecking ball. For this demolition, a team of skilled and experienced professionals is required. Wrecking ball weighing around 13,500 pounds is suspended over the cable using a crane or another kind of heavy tool in this method. Normally, this ball is dropped over the structure and is repeated several times. Due to which the building gets crushed the only drawback of this kind of demolition is that it leads to lots of vibration, dust, and noise.
3. Selective demolition for retaining recyclable material: The demand for selective demolition has increased to a great extent. The best part of this method is it helps in retaining the maximum amount of reusable and recyclable material cost-effectively and safely. This is the chief reason behind the increasing popularity for the method of home demolition. Builders recycle few selective materials like brick, wood, concrete and metals to use in the new structure. But this procedure is labor-intensive and time consuming.
4. Mechanical demolition specialized mechanical tools: Mechanical demolition helps in breaking steel and concrete effectively. This kind of demolition makes use of specialized mechanical tools and equipment. The equipment used in this method is hydraulic excavators with specialized attachments. For small demolition, a small tool such as skid steers loaders is utilized.
5. High reach arm for tall buildings: For this demolition, base machine-like excavator is used. This machine is fitted with a huge demolition arm, which comprises of three sections. The endpoint of the arm will be attached to the demolition tool like shears, a hammer or a crusher. This house demolition method is used for the buildings with height more than 67 ft. It helps in the demolition of masonry, reinforced concrete, mixed material structure, and steel. It helps in breaking the structure from the top to the bottom. Normally, the machine will remove huge pieces of the building, and the pieces will be broken down with the special ground crew. It is one of the safe options when compared to wrecking ball which is used for huge structures.
These are some of the methods that can be utilized for house demolition and process building structures. Each of the methods has their own uniqueness. To know in detail about them and for quality outcome an in-depth research is requires.