Have you thought about using Ads on Facebook to promote your Company , your product or service? Does it seem complicated and you don’t know where to start? If this is your case, today you are in the correct post because I want to help you take the first steps and show you some keys to design your first Facebook Ads campaign .
Today I aabhas vijay from www.smtpservers.co is here to talk about facebook ads. The first thing I should do when talking to you about the Facebook ad platform is to raise, define and define the subject well, point out what this tool is and what it is used for, and how its use can benefit you or your company.
To be honest, I do not have a special affection for this social network, although we use it in smtpservers.co ,I personally am much more of Linkedin , but the truth is that for campaigns and in certain sectors it works very well.
The reality of Facebook Ads is that it has become a very powerful tool thanks to the enormous visibility around the world . We are talking about a platform that has around 1,230 million active users on average each month, a not inconsiderable figure when it comes to potential clients for any type of company. You can also use Facebook PPC ads to increase your sales
Large companies already take advantage of it because they know of its potential, but one of the most positive aspects that the tool offers is that SMEs can also benefit from it with very high returns.
The usefulness of Facebook Ads lies in the sponsored posts , and its objective is to make your company visible to a very large number of potential clients . You will see that if you try and get the game right, it will be a fixed investment in your online marketing budget almost every month.
The undisputed protagonist of this successful advertising medium is segmentation , something that has always worked in all marketing models and has been undervalued on many occasions; However, in this case it is a fundamental part of the tool and the difference between handling this aspect well or not will significantly translate into your earnings.
So, we start with it.
1.- Segmentation as a star of Facebook Ads
If Facebook is a social network that reaches millions of users, it is normal that there are a large number of them who do not care about your product or service or are interested in what your company does or does not do.
This makes it not convenient to invest in the entire community, but rather we must direct advertising to specific sectors where we will have more receptive users, the visibility of our campaigns will be better and we will optimize conversions.
The division of potential customers when advertising has always been based on ethnicity , gender , age and little else; But with the arrival of new technologies, segmentation in marketing has evolved and has multiplied the variables, increasing the possibilities of directing the message.
The location , the interests or habits and customs are some of the new divisions you can base your segmentation, plus all the above.
Technology, innovation and the adaptation of social networks to all types of devices, has allowed users of social networks to rise enormously, being a perfect channel to communicate bidirectionally with your clients and potential clients.
1.1.- How to make a correct segmentation?
The answer is very simple: making the most of all the parameters that Facebook offers. Keep in mind that by doing so, what you are going to achieve is that your messages are visible only by the sectors that you consider potential customers, so that you will not be wasting your time or theirs, money or efforts; you get straight to the point . This is something that, as I have already told you – and I will not tire of repeating – is wonderful for marketing.
Let’s see how to segment your ads in Facebook Ads, since it offers the advantage of doing it directly; you indicate the sectors and the social network is in charge of getting the message to them.
Then you can use this segmentation to segregate your email strategy and get the better results. Tools like sendinblue and constant contact can be used for this purpose. I have some special coupons for you in order to get you more discounts. Fine the sendinblue promo code and constant contact coupon code.
These are the segments that you can program for these purposes:
- The country or countries where you want your ad to be seen. Facebook is a global platform and it would not make sense to advertise a medium-sized footwear company located in Talavera de la Reina in Russia . Always go to places where you have the potential to convert ; You have the possibility of reducing the scope to areas of the country to further centralize your campaign, and this is a very interesting option for SMEs.
- It is exactly the same with language ; where they don’t understand your message, they obviously won’t be interested in it.
- They say that in love there is no age , well, just the opposite happens with Facebook Ads, analyze well who can be useful what you offer and who is not. It is clear that the more people better, but surely be a smartwatch next generation is not interested in the same thing users between 50 and 60 years than those located between the 18 and 30 , for example; keep in mind that we always speak in general lines and not individual cases.
- In the sex something similar happens, if you sell women ‘s clothing direct your message to a female sector, and if you sell men ‘s shoes offer it to men. NOTE: If you include photos in your ads, Facebook recommends putting photos of women to target the female audience and photos of men for the male segment.
- Interests , customs and connections–In addition to other data such as marital status, work, studies, etc. – They are other very interesting parameters in which to set the recipients of a message; We already said, one of the most positive things about Facebook is that each user collects on their page their interests, their tastes and passions, their usual places or their habits and customs, among many other things. The platform handles this data and knows how to use it: focusing your advertising on the groups that you mark. My recommendation is that you take this option into account and analyze well about which sectors you intend to introduce your ads, because if you hit the nail on the head, you will not be doing anything other than offering your potential customers what they are interested in, and thus achieve that interested in your product.
1.2.- The management of Facebook Ads, a constant work
I want to tell you about the steps to follow when creating ads using this tool, but I want to tell you that it’s not just about preparing the ad and going to sleep; man … you can do it, but it wouldn’t make much sense.
My advice is that you are constantly studying and analyzing the statistics, what to do and how to improve what you have already done. And precisely that analysis is the first of the steps to follow in Facebook Ads even if the platform itself does not ask for it.
Because as in life-long marketing, you have to do a deep study to prepare your ads, your messages and everything that surrounds them, including the segmentation of the public that I have commented before.
That said, we can start with the points that the tool does ask for to build our advertising:
- Start by clicking on create ads, and once there you must choose the main objective of your campaign for which Facebook offers you the following options:
- Attract people to your website.
- Increase conversions on your website.
- Promote your posts.
- Promote your page.
- Increase the installations of your application.
- Increase interaction with your application.
- Increase the number of attendees to an event.
- Get people to ask for your offer.
- Increase video views.
- Once you have chosen the objective among the previous ones, you will have to choose the company page that is linked to the campaign, you can propose one that you already have or create a new one.
- The next step is to name the campaign, you have to give it a name ; At this point it is necessary to remember that in these matters you must always be careful even with the smallest detail, since everything counts. Don’t think that a simple title is unimportant.
- Choose in detail the sector of the public you want to reach. Remember the importance of segmentation; Facebook gives you all the parameters for you to specify specifically.
- Decide on the budget you want to invest. Although I will talk to you about how it works later, my recommendation here is that you do not throw the house out the window before having felt the results of a publication. In this step you must also indicate the opening and closing dates of the set of ads, or if on the contrary you want it to be permanent.
- When a campaign offers several sets of ads, you have to give each of them a name, indicating the audience to whom they are to be addressed.
- Finally, choose where and how you want your ad to appear through the preview , a part of the fantastic tool that allows you to correct errors and know how you will reach users.
- At the time of ordering, you can review all the instructions that you have established for your campaign, and send it so that Facebook can give the go-ahead and start working.
2.- Specifications to prepare a Facebook Ads campaign
Although I have explained each step, there are things to specify within the operation of Facebook Ads; For example, you may have noticed that I mentioned campaigns , ads, and ad sets.
But how does this structure work?
The campaign is the base of everything , where you will mark a single objective and to which you will give a name.
Below this will be the ad sets , where you can choose different budgets, calendars and audience segments for each of them.
And finally there are the ads themselves that will belong to each set of ads and where you will individually decide the text, images, call-to-action buttons, links or videos, so that each ad can be different from each other, although it belongs to the same set. of announcements.
2.1.- Visibility, where also matters
When proposing where you want your ad to appear, you will see three options:
- Right column ,
- Computer news section
- Mobile news section .
Regarding these spaces, it should be said that the right column is the most economical option, but users hardly notice it, so you would have to assess if it is really worth it.
As for the other two options, the computer option is somewhat more expensive because to date it still has a little more visibility, but the time line of users of the Facebook mobile application is taking more and more ground, so it is a question to take into account.
Of course, remember that if you choose to appear in the news section of your mobile you must offer a website adapted to smartphones; In these cases my advice is always to use a responsive design that allows the site to be adapted to any type of device.
2.2.- The budget; neither the maximum guarantees success nor the minimum guarantee failure
To conclude, I will tell you about the budget.
This allows me to talk about two of the greatest benefits of this type of advertising: it is relatively cheap compared to other types of marketing and as a consequence of this, it is great for SMEs , which can somewhat afford to compete with large companies.
The reason is simple. When a campaign is prepared and carried out properly in Facebook Ads, it succeeds regardless of the investment that has been made in it.
So, let’s talk about the budgetary operation of the Facebook ad platform, through the two variants that exist for payment:
- CPM: it is the cost per thousand impressions and it is a good choice if you are looking to publicize your brand, which will be exposed to a large number of users and you will pay once for every thousand ad views, although it ensures less the conversion.
- CPC: on the other hand, the cost per click guarantees a more secure conversion, since your publication will focus more on users with high possibilities of clicking on it, yes: you will pay for each of those clicks.
When preparing your ad, you must decide a maximum expenditure, either daily or per campaign, in addition to deciding between appearing the more the better , doing it up to a maximum of times a day , that only the users with the highest probability of interaction will see you or even limit the publication to those who will click on the ad .
Let’s say that Facebook Ads works in a similar way to AdWords: it will propose you a bid based on the competition in ads for products or brands similar to yours, and you will decide whether to pay more or less, taking into account that this price will mark your amount of appearances on the social network.
My recommendation is that you start small and investigate how each ad is working before evaluating whether you should increase or reduce your investment. That is precisely what I meant when I told you that work on this type of campaign is constant.
Experimentation and above all not taking anything for granted, will help you find the optimal expense for your company in this type of campaign.
Have you already tried Facebook Ads advertising? Can you tell us your experience? Has it worked for you? As always, I appreciate your comments.