Hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal fillers have gained remarkable acceptance and popularity in the field of beauty and aesthetics. Everyone wants to look younger but with the aging process, your face will inevitably begin showing signs of aging. Various factors contribute to aging such as your genes, lifestyle, sleep pattern, diet, alcohol, smoking, and even sun exposure.
Your body produces hyaluronic acid naturally for years, but this process slows down with age. The presence of HA ensures elasticity, firmness, and moisture of your skin to maintain a youthful appearance. As the aging process progresses, the stores of HA start depleting and consequently you start noticing dull and sagging skin with visible lines and wrinkles. The outer layer of your skin becomes dry and loses its thickness and firmness due to an insufficient amount of water and moisture.
The first thing you notice as you age is the sign of wrinkles, lines, and folds on your face. Your provider may advise you to utilize certain aesthetic treatments, procedures, and skincare to combat the signs of aging and depletion of hyaluronic acid. These may include oral, topical, and yes – injectable treatments.
Although we can not replace or replenish the naturally occurring hyaluronic acid completely, we can opt for an option of exogenous hyaluronic acid to recover elasticity and firmness. Fortunately, the introduction of HA dermal fillers can restore the lost volume and hydration in a dramatic way.
In this blog post. you’ll learn all about the significance of hyaluronic acid in the body and how the external source of HA, especially HA dermal fillers can aid in slowing the signs of aging and it is useful in reversing the lines and wrinkles on the face. But let’s find out what hyaluronic acid is and how it gives you a wrinkle-free and flawless skin tone.
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Basically, hyaluronic acid, also known as hyaluronan, is a carbohydrate in nature. This naturally occurring substance is present in our body, located chiefly in the eyes and skin. The primary function of it is to provide moisture and lubrication to body tissue due to its water-retention property. Hyaluronic has multiple forms of use. You may have it in the form of supplements, drops, topical serums, and dermal injections.
Hyaluronic Acid and its benefits
Here are some proven and scientifically supported benefits of Hyaluronic acid:
- Hyaluronic acid is naturally occurring in the skin, making risk of allergic reactions with dermal fillers minimal
- Hyaluronic acid makes the skin moist and supple, while its injections help to reduce overall aging signs such as wrinkles and folds
- The addition of hyaluronic acid on wounds and scars can promote expedited healing and recovery
- Its lubrication and water retention property aids in recovering from bone and joint inflammation, osteoarthritis, and tendonitis when used as an injectable
What are hyaluronic acid dermal fillers?
The hyaluronic acid dermal fillers are the most convenient and attractive treatment in treating signs of aging that work wonderfully to address fine lines and wrinkles so you can enjoy quality of life with the youthful and plumped appearance of your rejuvenated face.
Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers are injected into your facial skin to make corrections and contours to your face skin by diminishing the wrinkles and folds. Also, they help in restoring the volume loss and fill the hollow areas while plumping others.
Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers are injected to:
- Reduce the lines and wrinkles
- Rejuvenate the chin, cheeks, and chin
- Lip contouring and augmentation
- Lift sagging skin
- Reduce the acne scars or injury
- Provide the hydration and elasticity to the face, hands, neck, and jawline
- Elevate confidence and improve lifestyle
How HA dermal fillers performed?
As a rule of thumb with any procedure, just make sure you are in skilled and professional hands and you trust the quality of the product.
- First of all, after cleansing the injection site area, your provider will apply a topical, medical grade anesthetic agent to avoid any pain with injections. All dermal fillers at Meraki Aesthetics and Company come with both topical and injected numbing agents to provide the most effective patient comfort.
- Your provider will inject a small amount of HA in desired areas. It can be a superficial, deep, or subconscious area.
- During and after the injection, the practitioner will massage the area of treatment to ensure uniform distribution of the product.
- Typically, it takes no longer than 60 minutes to finish the procedure depending on the amount of areas treated during the appointment.
How often you need HA dermal filler
These days, various HA dermal fillers brands are available in the market. Each of these manufacturers and marketing companies claim different longevity in respect to separate dermal fillers. However, the longevity of the filler actually depends on the type of filler utilized with the treatment, as well as the area where it was administered. The effects of the filler are not permanent and it will completely dissolve on its own over time. On average it should last 6 to 24 months, depending on the brand and the specific product used. However, it is recommended you should repeat the procedure between 6 to 18 month to maintain your results.
Are you a good candidate for HA dermal filler?
At Meraki Aesthetics and Company, we know it is so important for patients to understand whether or not they may be a good candidate for dermal fillers. While our expert providers will advise you if you’re a suitable candidate for dermal filler, it is always helpful to know the general indications for these products. If you find yourself noticing any of these signs of facial aging, you might be a candidate for dermal filler treatments.
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Perioral (around the mouth) and periorbital (around the eyes) lines
- Lip volume and augmentation
- Nasolabial folds
- Chin, jaw, and cheek augmentation
- Marionette “puppet” lines, the lines run vertically down from mouth to chin
- Under puffiness and dark circles
What is the recovery period after HA dermal filler?
The treatment is minimally invasive, requiring no surgery with minimal down time. Most patients report hyaluronic acid filler treatments are incredibly tolerable, and may have these procedures performed on a daily lunch break, returning back to work after. These injectables require no home care after your appointment, but patients may notice red or pinkness in the treatment area, as well as swelling and inflammation for several days post injections. This will subside within a few days and is an expected occurrence.
What are the benefits of HA dermal filler?
- There is minimal risk involved in regard to hyaluronic acid is a substance natural to your body, with little change of allergic reaction
- Instant and immediate results you can witness right after the injection, which will improve as the days progress
- Longevity with results that last between 6 and 24 months
- HA fillers are reversible, meaning they can be easily dissolved when indicated
- No downtime or recovery periods needed
- No general anesthesia required, you can drive yourself to and from the clinic
- Local anesthetic, ensuring pain-free and comfortable injections
What to expect?
- HA fillers help to hydrate and restore the lost volume during the aging process
- HA fillers help in stimulating new collagen growth, aiding in more elastic and firmer skin
- Reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles on the face
- Rejuvenate hands, chin, jaw, lips, temples, cheeks, and more!
Restylane dermal filler
Restylane is a hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler used to treat and overcome the natural deficiency of HA within the body during the aging process. Let’s do a quick fact check of Restylane:
- Restylane dermal filler is approved by the FDA in 2003
- Typically it is used in treating various facial deformities including fine lines, nasolabial folds, lip contouring and augmentation, also providing chin, jaw, and cheek correction
- Restylane is not approved in individuals under the age of 21
- Local anesthetic is used with Restylane injections
- Restylane gives you instant results, with the ability to go home immediately after the injections
- Recovery time is minimal
- Most people see the results immediately after the injection while complete results appear in one to two weeks time
- Since it is a cosmetic procedure, so no insurance coverage is provided
Types and targeted areas for Restylane
Restylane comes with various options for flexibility to use in different locations. It is advised to consult your medical provider first to determine which variant of Restylane best suitable to you as each one is designed for a specific purpose.
This is the first FDA-approved dermal filler that is used for lip augmentation and wrinkles.
Restylane is designed for the purpose of lifting the volume and augmentation of cheek, jaw, and midface contouring.
This is indicated for the treatment of lines run vertically from your mouth to your chin.
Restylane Defyne is used for the correction and redefinition of wrinkles around your face and nose. This filler is being used for facial contour and correction of wrinkles.
Juvéderm dermal filler
Juvéderm is an injectable dermal filler with the base of hyaluronic acid. This filler is being used for facial contour and correction of wrinkles. Let’s take a look at a brief overview of it:
- Juvéderm is approved by the FDA in 2006
- Treatment areas include lips, cheeks, jaw, mouth, temples, hands, nasolabial folds and marionette lines
- The procedure takes around 60 minutes to complete
- In the year 2016, 2.4 million people received Juvéderm injections
- Juvéderm provides immediate results directly following the procedure
- Longevity covers a period from 6 to 24 months
- The single most commonly used non-invasive procedure in the United States
Types and targeted areas for Juvéderm
The filler comes with a variety of options to treat, therefore check with your medical provider to decide which type of filler is best designed for your concern as each filler has a different and unique concentration of gel.
Juvéderm Voluma XC
Gives the volumizing effects by increasing the surface area of your cheeks.
The filler corrects the lines and wrinkles around your mouth.
Juvéderm Vollure XC
It gives elasticity and firmness to the facial skin by promoting collagen stimulation. It covers the area of the nose and mouth and gives a perfect shape to smile lines.
Juvéderm Ultra XC
Juvéderm Ultra XC gives volume and fills plumpness to the lips which are thinned out with time.
Juvéderm Volbella XC
This filler has an ultra-fine needle and is used for lip augmentation and to fill perioral lines.
You might not feel fully confident in your skin when noticing the signs of aging. As this process sets in, your skin may start to look dull and dry, showing prominent lines and wrinkles. While this is due in part to a depletion of collagen and hyaluronic acid stores in the body, dermal fillers can be the solution to a more rejuvenated appearance.
For nearly two decades, hyaluronic acid fillers have become the one of the best choices for anti-aging on the market. These products provide an excellent safety profile with minimal downtime, offering incredible results. HA dermal fillers can be administered quickly as an in-office treatment, with long lasting results.
Restylane and Juvéderm are the two pioneers of HA dermal fillers, with endless case studies supporting their safety and efficacy. Both are FDA-approved and come with various options for treatment opportunities, making anti-aging readily accessible at your local medical spa.
Finally, as a piece of expert advice, always try to look for the quality filler such as Restylane and Juvéderm. Just as importantly, choose a practice who you can rely on to deliver safe, effective, and beautifully natural results. Our providers at Meraki Aesthetics and Company are here to answer all your burning questions about dermal fillers and they are looking forward to seeing you soon! Schedule your appointment today at Meraki Aesthetics and Company to see if dermal fillers are right for you.