In today’s digitized world, video is booming, and so is online video training. Gone are the days where people take physical classes for their courses. Now, video hosting platforms for course video hosting are the prominent division for eLearning. The e-learning will be worth $235.10 billion by 2025. You can use videos for e-learning to educate, teach in real-time, create tutorials, record lessons, product reviews and much more.
For that, we have multiple video hosting platforms for courses, but which one to choose? In this blog, we’ll discuss the benefits of e-learning via video, what are the key features of course video hosting platforms and the types of course video hosting platforms.
Benefits Of Learning Via Video
Videos are everywhere and anywhere on social platforms. They are interactive and engaging for learners to explore topics and go in-depth with interest. It is now the most preferred medium by the learners and trainers, making the whole process easy and efficient. The benefits include
- Video is flexible, saving you time and money
- It helps a learner increase information retention
- It is interactive and engaging
- Video can be watched live or pre-recorded, your choice
- Video can be easily shared, embedded and mark as favorite
Key Factors to Look for Course Video Hosting Platforms
Each online have various highlights, but they mainly they should have the following features
- Should be able to conduct live and on-demand videos
- Customizable video player
- Should provide video analytics
- Provides flexible video storage
- It should be able to group videos together
- Transcription and close captions should be a must
- Have the latest CDN and compression techniques
- OTT-based video security
Types Of Course Video Hosting Platforms
So, what to choose for? Here are the top 3 picks from us
It is free and a simple platform however, popular. It has millions of videos courses uploaded and watched by a lot of learners. It has visibility as it appears on top of the Google Search page. Embedding is easy of YouTube videos on your landing page or website. Another pro is the sharing aspect on other social media platforms. It also has transcription and private video options.
However, there are a bunch of ads that can be annoying. Furthermore, you can’t retain ownership of your own content; no interactivity and minimal analysis is where the blockage comes in.
VIDIZMO is a Gartner recognized comprehensive video learning platform which offers extensive features
- You can live stream or have them on-demand for learners
- Offers uploading and streaming of videos to its internal and external viewers
- You can further define access on a granular level
- Have the option of adding interactivity to your videos such as feedback, quizzes, and surveys
- Have them structured in content video library organized in playlist, categories and collections
- Track down viewers interaction via detailed analytics and audit reports
- Integrate it with your LMS, CMS or any video conferencing tools of your choice
- Create user groups and segregate your course content accordingly
- Have your video player completely customized meeting your branding guidelines
And much more features such as transcription, close captions, AI-based smart search etc. This YouTube-like platform makes the process efficient and effective for both learners and trainers both.
A business-centric video hosting platform with speedy servers and good live streaming capabilities. This platform is third on the list but not the least. It can be integrated with multiple existing IT systems, can be embedded easily with rich embedding options, furthermore, you can add interactivity to your courses and educational modules for engagement. The content is monetized and caters better to external users.
When we talk about integrations in Brightcove, this video hosting platform relies heavily on it, making it difficult and a hassle.
All in all, choosing the right platform based on your requirements is necessary. You can have either a simple platform or a platform with extensive features that can cater your basic needs as well as advance ones.