Contributory Parent visa(Subclass 143)

 This permanent visa lets a parent of a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident of Australia or eligible New Zealand citizen move to Australia

With this visa you can

  • stay in Australia indefinitely
  • work and study in Australia
  • enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme, Medicare
  • sponsor your family members to come to Australia
  • travel to and enter Australia for 5 years
  • apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible

482 visa migration agent and Migration Agent Gold Coast

A qualified sponsor is necessary for the Temporary Skill Shortage TSS Visa (Class GK) 482 visa migration agent, since it is an employer-sponsored visa. This visa’s objective is to enable Australian companies to suggest highly qualified workers for temporary visas.

Australia has historically had some kind of control over this sector of the economy. The Migration Agent Gold Coast Regulatory Authority is the name of the official organisation. The goal of the most recent rule and regulatory modifications has been to end the industry’s complete self-regulation. Because of the grief this self-regulation has caused the industry’s representation, fewer people have trusted these professionals as much as the government would have hoped.

Travel to and from Australia for 5 years

You can travel to and from Australia as many times as you want for 5 years from the date we grant this visa. This is as long as the travel facility on this visa remains valid.

If you want to travel after the initial 5-year travel facility:

  • you will need to apply for and be granted a Resident Return (RRV) so that you can re-enter Australia as a permanent resident
  • you might also want to consider Australian citizenship. If you become an Australian citizen, you don’t require a visa to enter Australia. You will need to apply for an Australian passport and use it to leave and re-enter Australia. See more about eligibility requirements and current processing times for Australian citizenship

To see when your travel facility ends, use VEVO.

Main criteria

The Australian Department of Home Affairs operates a Parent Visa system. Sponsors for this visa must demonstrate that they are “settled” which generally means lawfully resident in Australia for a period of two or more years. This residency period can consist of time spent on temporary visas.
In order to qualify for this visa the applicant must meet what is referred to as the balance of family test. This test states that the applicant must have at least half of their children living in Australia as an Australian citizen or permanent resident or that more of your children live in Australia than any other country. All children, including step children and adopted children of both parents are included in the balance of family test.
In addition to the balance of family test you must be sponsored by an eligible person, usually your child and you must meet the health and character requirements.

Who Can Be a Sponsor for the 143 Visa?

Your sponsor for the 143 Visa is usually your child, who is living in Australia as a citizen or permanent resident and who is over the age of 18. However, in specific circumstances, it can also be:
  • Your child’s spouse or de facto partner who is at least 18 years old.
  • If your child is under the age of 18:
    • Your child’s spouse who is at least 18 years old.
    • An Australian organization, with which your child has some sort of relation.
  • If your child and their spouse are under 18: A relative or guardian of your child or your child’s spouse who is at least 18 years old.

Health and Character Requirements

You and all the dependent family members must have:

  • Medical examinations done within 12 months of lodging a visa application to meet health requirements
  • Police certificate from each country you’ve lived in for more than 12 months in the past ten years​

The Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143) costs over $40,000 to apply for. To ensure that your application is to get your application done right first time and to avoid unnecessary delay, use a registered migration agent Mark Pelley – Principal Migration Agent for Visas To Australia. The Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143) requires substantial documentation to support claims made in the application. This process can be lengthy and confusing. Failure to correctly apply for the Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143) could result in a rejection from the Department of Home Affairs and having to reapply and to pay all costs again. Contact VISAS TO AUSTRALIA to help you apply for this visa.