Netgear N300 WiFi range extender is one of the best devices when it comes to expand the range or signals of your current WiFi so that you can enjoy the use of the internet from just about any corner in your home. This post covers every important information regarding the Netgear N300 setup. Read on.
How to Configure Netgear N300
Are you looking for setting up your Netgear N300 WiFi range extender? If yes, you’re on the right post. N300 can be used for efficiently turning dead zones of your home into fun zones. Apart from that, the extender makes it possible for users to enjoy surfing, streaming or online gaming from throughout the land in their home, be it backyard, garage or front yard.
To make the most of Netgear N300 WiFi range extender, you need to first configure it using the proper Netgear extender setup process. Follow the steps below to get familiar with the process.
- Power up your N300 by plugging it into a working and fluctuation-free wall socket.
- Wait till the power LED on it turns green.
- Now connect the N300 WiFi range extender to your existing router. You can connect both the WiFi devices using an Ethernet cable.
Note: The Ethernet cable you use must not have any breakage and it should be properly working. Also, ensure all your wired connections are finger-tight.
- Next, launch a web browser on your computer and visit mywifiext.net web address.
Note: To avoid browser-related issues while executing the N300 WiFi range extender setup, cross-check whether the web browser selected by you is running the latest software version or not. If not, better switch to another web browser which is already updated.
Note: You are also advised to keep your web browser junk-free. So, consider erasing cache, cookies, and browsing history from your web browser.
- Netgear Genie setup page will reveal on your screen.
- Locate the New Extender Setup button and click it.
- You need to create your Netgear account by filling the form.
- Once done, click Next.
Note: If you already own a Netgear account, skip the account creation steps.
- Now navigate to the WiFi Range Extender button and click it.
- You are suggested to choose your base router.
- If done, hit Next.
- Now, enter the password of your network and hit Next.
- Give your extender a name once the connection established.
- Follow further on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
That’s how you can complete the N300 WiFi range extender setup.
Bonus Tip 1: Once you complete the installation process of your extender, don’t forget to make it secure by changing the default username and password.
Bonus Tip 2: To enjoy the lag-free performance of your N300 extender, keep its firmware always updated to the latest version.
To Sum Up
We hope that the steps listed in the post will help you configure your N300 with ease. In case you find any difficulty while setting up your N300 extender or performing mywifiext.net login, feel free to get in touch with us via comments. You will be given an immediate solution for your problem by our Netgear extender support experts.