Choosing a Drug Rehab or Alcohol Rehabilitation Clinic
Drug and alcohol abuse and addiction are exhausting conditions that can have a devastating effect on one’s life. However, as hopeless as things may feel, there is light at the end of the tunnel. There is much that can be done to free yourself of your drug and/or alcohol dependency and there are support systems out there that can help you do it. The trick, is to find the drug rehab or alcohol rehabilitation clinic that suits you. In this article, we’re going to help you narrow down the search.
Identify what your rehab goals and requirements are
The first step is to determine what your goals are. Every alcohol and drug rehabilitation clinic is different, each with various specialities. Even clinics that specialise in the same addiction might measure success differently. As such, finding the perfect treatment facility for you, in order to actualise your rehab goals, is an essentiality.
So, what are your goals? What substances and/or behaviours do you wish to recover from? Are you looking for drug rehabilitation? Or is alcohol rehab what you need?
Following that, the next step is to determine as to whether there are any underlying issues (e.g., dual diagnosis or other medical conditions) that you could benefit from having treated at the same time.
Then, you must identify what success means for you? Is 30-days of sobriety a win for you? Is 6-months a more attractive target? A year perhaps? It is up to you to decide what your goals are and having a clear vision of this will help in finding the right drug rehab or alcohol rehabilitation clinic for you.
Consult with various treatment providers
Once you have a good idea as to what your goals are, the next step is to consult with various treatment providers. In order to find a drug rehabilitation or alcohol rehab clinic that matches your goals, you should reach out and compare your options. That way, you can discuss available treatment options and receive a free consultation to help you narrow down your search.
Fact-check your rehab options
When you have a few shortlisted options, start doing your own research into them. You’ll find plenty of information on their websites, through their social channels, and by making a few phone calls. The very best drug and alcohol treatment centres will have nothing to hide and will be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Important factors to consider:
- Inpatient Vs. outpatient: would you like to be admitted or work through your treatment from home?
- Centre specialities: what does the treatment facility in question specialise in?
- Treatments and therapies: what are the available treatments and therapies that may apply to your needs?
- Facility amenities: what amenities do your prospective rehab facilities offer?
- Location: where are they based? Will you need to travel far? Is an outpatient program realistic for you?
- Program duration: how long do you think you will need? Many 30-day programs have great success, but is 90-days more realistic in terms of the severity of your addiction?
- Affordability: cost is one of the biggest factors when it comes to selecting the right drug rehabilitation and alcohol rehab facility. Fortunately, there are a wide variety of options out there that can suit your budgetary requirements.
Take your time and approach this decision process with careful consideration. Check out Rehab Today (by) PCP for more information on some of the drug and alcohol rehab treatments available to you in the UK. Good luck and all the best with your continued recovery.