Celebrities that had IVF
Infertility is considered a taboo topic that many people suffer in silence. A growing number of celebrities have shared their personal experiences with infertility and IVF to raise awareness about the struggles that many couples face when trying to conceive.
- Michelle Obama – The former First Lady openly discussed her struggles with infertility in her memoir, Becoming. While she struggled with her miscarriages, she decided to pursue IVF and welcomed her two daughters. She hopes that by sharing her story, women realize that they are not alone and educate themselves about their fertility options. Not only is it important to be aware of different treatments like IVF and IUI, it is equally important to do proper research to find the best fertility doctor and clinic based on budget, location, and patient experience.
- Courtney Cox – Actress Courtney Cox also suffered several miscarriages and spent years before turning to IVF before giving birth to her daughter. She reveals her complicated journey to motherhood on Busy Tonight.
- Chrissy Teigen – Model and television personality Chrissy Teigen has been very open about her struggles with infertility. She and her husband, singer John Legend, underwent IVF treatments to conceive both of their children.
- Gabrielle Union – Actress Gabrielle Union has also been very open about her fertility struggles. She revealed in her memoir that she had suffered multiple miscarriages and undergone several rounds of IVF before finally having a child via surrogate.
- Kim Kardashian – Reality TV star Kim Kardashian has also been open about her struggles with fertility. She underwent IVF treatments to conceive her two younger children, after experiencing difficulties with her first pregnancy.
- Kourtney Kardashian – Kim Kardashian’s older sister allowed her reality show, The Kardashians, to document her journey trying to conceive a child with Travis Barker. She talks about how her medication put her into early menopause and depression.
- Tyra Banks – Supermodel and television personality Tyra Banks revealed in 2015 that she had undergone IVF treatments to conceive her son.
- Celine Dion – Singer Celine Dion underwent multiple rounds of IVF before finally becoming pregnant with her twins.
- Emma Thompson – Actress Emma Thompson revealed in 2010 that she had undergone IVF treatments to conceive her daughter.
- Brooke Shields – Actress Brooke Shields underwent multiple rounds of IVF before finally conceiving her two daughters.
By speaking publicly about their struggles with infertility and IVF, these celebrities have helped to raise awareness about these important issues and to reduce the stigma associated with them. They have also provided hope and inspiration to other couples who are struggling to conceive.