Car ownership in the USA is not a sign of a rich life. It is most likely a necessity, especially in cities where public transport is not particularly developed. Along with the car, it is important to buy an insurance policy. However, the following issues may arise: “How to choose the best insurance when buying a used car?”, “What determines the cost?”, etc. Answers to these and other questions are provided in this article.
Auto Insurance Price
There are a number of factors that have a direct impact on the price of insurance:
- Gender and age of the vehicle owner;
- Family status;
- Car driving experience both in the USA and around the world;
- The area in which the vehicle will be located at night;
- Insurance size;
- It allows you to reduce the cost of insurance. A deductible is issued if the car owner decides on an independent partial compensation for the damage that has arisen in the event of an emergency. Here is an example: if you issue a franchise in the amount of $ 500, then in the event of an accident that causes $ 3,000 damage, $ 2,500 will be reimbursed, and the rest (which is $ 500 in this case) will have to be paid by yourself. If, for example, you have a scratched bumper and car repair is only $ 300, there is no necessity to turn to the insurance company.
The cost of insurance can also be affected by the results of the financial activity of a company.
Distinction Features in Basic Approaches
Studying auto insurance in the United States requires a careful approach since everything is aggravated by the lack of a federal system in the country that regulates this area. Each state individually defines the peculiarities of car insurance.
Taking all of the above into account, all US states may be conditionally divided into two groups:
- The damage is covered by insurance regardless of who is responsible for the emergency. Such type of car insurance is applied in 12 states, including New York, and Florida;
- All responsibility is assigned to the culprit of the accident. This type of auto insurance is common in approximately 40 states of the country, including Washington and California.
Documents and Data Needed for Registration of Auto Insurance
Below is a list of data necessary to insure a car in the United States of America:
- Auto-rights. If there is no local license, this does not mean at all that the car owner will not receive car Most likely, its cost will be slightly more expensive;
- Vehicle identification number;
- Car model, year of production;
- The postcode of the location where the car will stay overnight;
- The approximate distance that the car owner plans to cover per year.
In conclusion, it is important to mention that an insurance policy represents a selection of various types of coverage. Therefore, choose the one that suits you best and get advantageous benefits.