The Canadian Football League is a professional sports league in Canada. The CFL is the highest level of competition in Canadian football. The league consists of nine teams, each located in a city in Canada.
‘ DIVISIONS ‘
They are divided into two divisions: four teams in the East Division and five teams in the West Division.
‘ BASIC RULES ‘
In contrast, Canadian football has no such rule; instead no player from the kicking team, except the kicker or any player who was behind him when he kicked the ball may approach within five yards of the ball until it has been touched by an opponent. If they do, a “no yards” penalty is called against the kicking team.
‘ TIME OUTS ‘
The CFL allows for teams to have 12 players on the field as opposed to 11 in the NFL. The CFL offers three downs per possession as opposed to the four downs allowed in the NFL. There are different rules regarding the play clock and timeouts. The CFL offers an additional method of scoring known as a single point.
” FACTS ABOUT CFL “
‘ KEY POINTS ‘
- The hash marks on the field will be moved closer together and now positioned 28 yards from the nearest sideline instead of 24 yards and now nine yards apart instead of 17.
- The average CFL salary cap is around 6,653,964 CAD per year and some of the experienced CFL can make up to 1,129,918 CAD annually. The minimum salary given to them is 81,605 CAD per year.
- Players have taken the slogan to mean that the CFL ‘s football is bigger than the NFL’s. Although that was true for decades, the dimensions of both footballs are now essentially the same. “There’s no difference in the balls now.”
- Neither are getting rich off their part-time job in the CFL. In fact, officials receive between $550 and $850 per game.
- Since the merger and creation of the Canadian Football League began in 1958, the Eskimos have won the most Grey Cup Championships (11) and have made the most Grey Cup appearances (19).
” CFL MERCHANDISE “
Some common merchandise for Canadian Football League are :
Sport Chek, Sportbuff, Redbubble, Canadian Tire & River City Sports or many other places.
High quality CFL Merch-inspired gifts and merchandise. T-shirts, posters, stickers, home decor, and more, designed and sold by independent artists around.
- Redbubble is a global online marketplace for print-on-demand products based on user-submitted artwork. The company was founded in 2006 in Melbourne, Australia, and also maintains offices in San Francisco and Berlin.
- RIVER CITY SPORTS ST. JAMES CLOSING SALE CONTINUES. Massive deals in store, Jets jerseys from $4.99 but all at least 50% off, almost the whole store is 50%-90% off. Tee’s start at $5 and hats start at less than $10.
- Sport Chek is the largest Canadian retailer of sporting clothing and sports equipment, with 191 stores throughout Canada.
- Sport Buff delivers real-time gamification experiences to drive fan engagement and retention of sports audiences empowering your broadcast.
- Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is a Canadian retail company which operates in the automotive, hardware, sports, leisure and housewares sectors. Its Canadian operations include: Canadian Tire, Mark’s, FGL Sports, PartSource, and the Canadian operations of Party City.
‘ CFL SCHEDULE ‘
The CFL regular-season schedule for 2022 began on Thursday, June 9. This season is the 64th season of the Canadian Football League and the 68th of modern-day Canadian football. The season is due to run from June 9 through Oct. 29, with each team playing 18 games over the course of 21 weeks.
‘ PLAYERS ‘
Many CFL players are Americans who grew up playing American football and cannot find a place in the NFL, or who prefer to play in the CFL; strict import quotas restrict the number of non-Canadian players.
‘ COST TO BUY A CFL TEAM ‘
All these investors could easily own and operate a CFL franchise in Canada, especially when you compare the small franchise fee of $7 million and the supposedly small cost of building football stadiums ($17 million in Moncton and $14 million for a “temporary” stadium in Vancouver.)
‘ AVERAGE ATTENDANCE ‘
Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. Canadian Football League attendance has averaged no fewer than 20,000 spectators per game for every season since 1963.
‘ EDMONTON ELK’S ‘
The Brick at Commonwealth Stadium, home of the Edmonton Elks, is the largest CFL stadium with seating for 56,302. The smallest stadium in the Canadian Football League is Percival Molson Memorial Stadium, home of the Montreal Alouettes with 23,420.
‘ SALARY RATES ‘
Collaros is now the league’s highest-paid player at a whopping $550,000. His current contract is just for one year and will cover the 2022 season. The Blue Bombers increased Collaros’ 2021 salary by more than $125,000. In addition to the $550,000 Collaros will earn, he also received a $87,000 signing bonus.