Telepresence Robots are most effective during the COVID-19 pandemic for telecommuters, remote workers, and students. The robots give a physical presence to the person when they are unavailable in person. It also can drive on wheels, and one can easily control it from anywhere in the world.
What is the BotEyes Telepresence Robot?
The BotEyes: Pad is a telepresence robot that requires you to supply your tablet or smartphone. Your smart device will attach to the robot to act as the eyes, ears, and mouth. The tablet will be able to tilt a total of 120 degrees to provide plenty of vision above or below the actual height of the robot. Any tablet or smartphone with the dimensions 4″-11″ can be attached to the BotEyes.
It doesn’t matter whether it has an Android, iOS, or Windows operating system. Additionally, you can also use any video conferencing app for video communication. A few options available are WhatsApp, Skype, Viber, Google Hangouts, Homeworklib, Google Duo, FaceTime, Facebook’s Messenger app, Line, and many more. PC users can use any web browser to control the BotEyes robot. Further, you can navigate by simply using either the arrows on your keyboard or your mouse.
What’s so cool about the ‘bot?
The telepresence robot can move on wheels. This is one of the most incredible things about it. The wheels are controlled via the Internet by using a web browser. It allows using any tablet gadget such as Android, iOS, or Windows. Further, the robot is powered by built-in rechargeable batteries of enormous capacity, making it enough for 10 hours of operation. The battery can be easily charged using the charging dock where you place the robot.
In comparison to other telepresence robots on the market, the BotEyes-Pad has the following advantages:
- It allows inserting in the holder of the robot on any tablet with Android, iOS, or Windows.
- You can use Skype and WebRTC.
- It can be controlled from almost any gadget with Android or Windows or iOS.
- The speed control is very smooth.
- It uses a separate computer to control the movement installed in its chassis. This eliminates the need for the user to download and install extra software.
- You can use a TV that supports Skype while the robot always stands on the charging station. This means that the device is always connected to the Internet, and it is ready for use from anywhere in the world.
Characteristics and Features
Following are some of the significant characteristics and features of the BotEyes Telepresence Robot.
- You can use it with or on any iOS/Android/Windows tablet starting from 7′ to 11′. BotEyes Robot can be controlled from any tablet, smartphone, or desktop computer. However, it is sold without a tablet.
- The Robot climbs over 0.6″ (1.5cm) obstacles like doorways and cords.
- It is easily portable.
- The movement and speed of the BotEyes Telepresence are controlled smoothly from 0 to 1.5 mph.
- The tablet can tilt to an angle of 120 degrees.
- It uses a tablet in a horizontal or vertical position.
- You can use Skype.
- It has an Auto-Answer feature.
The technical details and specifications of the BotEyes Telepresence Robot are listed below.
- Brand: BotEyes
- Manufacturer: RLDA.
- Model: Pad
- Product Dimensions: 105x39x29 cm
- Batteries: 2 12V batteries required (included)
- Item model number: BotEyes-Pad
- Standing screen display size: 6 Inches
- Batteries Included: Yes
- Battery Cell Composition: Lead Acid Cellular Technology
- Wi-Fi: Connector Type Wi-Fi
- Item Weight: 12kg
Advantages of the BoyEyes Telepresence Robot
The BotEyes acts as your ‘double’ at its location in that it is a physical representation of you. You will be able to see and hear most of what you would see and hear as if you were there in person. In addition, using the tablet’s speakers and microphone will allow you to interact with people at the robot’s location.
- It will save you money and hassle on travel.
- You can easily visit friends and loved ones more often.
- Quickly check in on your pets or your home to make sure all is in order.
- Work from home effortlessly while still maintaining a solid presence in the office.
- You can check out the layouts of a distant warehouse or even view a product without the need to be there in person.
- Easily monitor outpatients at their homes. You can also perform rounds at your hospital, from your home office, or anywhere else.
After you have connected the robot through the Internet, you can move it around the house. Even if you are away from home, you can still connect to the robot at any time by using a computer, tablet, or smartphone. These devices allow you to see using the robot’s eyes like your own. You get to hear with its ears and even communicate like you are using a phone with those next to the robot. Thus, this telepresence robot will make you see everything that happens in a place where you are not physically present.