One of the things that can keep you busy during the quarantine is to improve your cooking kills. As people all over the world stay locked inside their homes, it would be the best use of your time if you would learn about healthy vegetable recipes that you could prepare for your family during this pandemic. Vegan recipes will be very beneficial since this is the time to boost your immune system now more than ever. If you are planning on a nice dinner for the whole family packed with vitamins and nutrients.
Tofu and Mushroom Bibimbap
This recipe is perfect for those who are looking for a little twist for their meals. Korean Bibimbap is perfect for kids and adults as well so you wouldn’t need to fret on what you should cook for dinner tonight. Here is how you can make it:
2 tablespoons of Margarine
1/2 cup of Red onion, chopped
1 cup of Tofu, cubed and fried
1/2 cup of Shiitake mushroom, sliced
1 cup of Oyster Sauce
2 tablespoons of Ground black pepper
2 tablespoons of Cooking oil
1 cup of Carrot strips
1 cup of Bean sprouts
1/3 cup of Red bell pepper strips
1/3 cup of Green bell pepper strips
1/3 cup of Yellow bell pepper strips
8 cups of Cooked rice
1/2 cup of chopped scallions
8 pieces of Fried egg
8 teaspoons of Toasted sesame seeds
1 piece of Lemon
- Use a a sauté pan and heat two tablespoons of margarine. Next, toss in your onion, fried tofu, and mushroom then sauté this for a few minutes. Add your oyster sauce and then set aside.
- Using a separate pan, you can proceed with sautéing the carrots, bean sprout, and the bell peppers. After the vegetables have all been sufficiently cooked, set this aside.
- In a deep serving bowl, throw in you rice, the tofu and mushroom mixture, the sautéed vegetables and the scallions. Make sure that you have properly arranged the ingredients so you can improve its presentation. Top it with fried egg then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place the lemon on the side and serve.
- For an additional spice, you can add red pepper sauce or sriracha sauce, this way you can satisfy those with spicy palates.
Vegetables in Coconut Milk
Coconut milk is usually found in desserts but for this recipe, you can infuse it in your next dinner meal. Coconut has the right amount of taste so you can use it as a base when you are cooking your vegetables. If you are curious to try some of this delicious meal, see how you can cook this for everyone below:
2 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup of Pork, cut into cubes
1 cup of chopped Onion
1 teaspoon of chopped Garlic
1 teaspoon of minced Ginger
1 piece chilly pepper (chopped)
1 teaspoon of ground pepper
1 teaspoon of fish sauce
1 cup of winged beans
1 cup of string beans
1 cup of squash
3/4 cups of water
3/4 cups of Coconut milk
1 cup of Coconut cream
1 pack of Flavor Seasoning Mix
- Pour vegetable oil and sear the pork until it is golden brown.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, ginger and chilly on the same pan.
- Season the seared pork with pepper, fish sauce, and the flavor seasoning mix.
- Pour in water and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the winged and string beans, squash and then let it boil.
- Under low heat, let the pan simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and continue simmering, then add the coconut cream let it simmer until the oil rises up and the vegetables become tender.
- The recipe makes 5 servings so serve while hot!
Pork and Beans Lettuce Cups
The quarantine period has encouraged people to stock up on canned foods and vegetables at their disposal. This pork and beans lettuce cups recipe is perfect for that. See more of it here!
2 tablespoons of cooking oil
2 tablespoons of red onion, minced
2 tablespoons of garlic, minced
2 cans of Pork and Beans
1/2 cup of Tomatoes, small cubes
1/4 teaspoon of Curry powder
1 tablespoon of Hot Sauce
1/4 cup of Mayonnaise
1/4 cup Carrot strips
2 cups of iceberg Lettuce
- Using a medium pan, saute the onion and garlic. Cook this until it is slightly brown or until fragrant.
- Pour the pork and beans, tomatoes, and curry powder.
- Mix in the hot sauce and mayonnaise on the pork and beans then set aside.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a plate until you are sure that it can hold pork and beans mixture.
- Top the iceberg lettuce with the pork and beans mixture as well as the carrots.
- Serve with mayonnaise and hot sauce dressing.
These healthy vegetable recipes are flavor-packed and very easy to make. During the quarantine, why not try making one of these for your family or just for yourself. This is also a surefire way to maintain a healthy diet while enjoying your meals because of its delicious taste.