Infertility is a rising issue in Nigeria and there is significant increase in number of cases in the country. People turn to big cities for the treatment and Lagos is known for Infertility treatment in Nigeria.
In this article we are going to answer all your queries about infertility treatment in lagos,
- Who is the best fertility clinic in lagos
- Who is the best ivf clinic in lagos
- What is the cost of ivf, iui and various other treatment
- Who are the fertility specialist in lagos
- Infertility has become a major health problem globally and affecting between 8 to 12% couples worldwide.
- Around 25% couples are infertile due to primary or secondary infertility in developing nations.
- In Nigeria, about 22% couples are infertile infected including both primary and secondary infertility.
Let’s understand the problem little bit. What is infertility?.
As per the above stats, in today’s world many couples are facing complications in becoming parents this is due to infertility issues in either of the partner or combination of causes that avoid pregnancy. But due to scientific advancement many infertility treatments have been introduced to improve the chances of pregnancy to name the few are IVF, IUI, ICSI etc.
Does Women only face fertility problems? No, that’s not the case, men are also affected with infertility issues. According to stats about one third infertility problems are caused due to men problems. Another one third fertility problems occurs due to women and rest one third cases occurs due to mixture of both men and women problems or reason can be unknown.
Symptoms of Infertility
The primary symptom of infertility in women is that they are getting complications in pregnancy even after trying for at least one year or six months if the woman is 35 or older and in case of man they might face some hormonal issues like changes in sexual activities or hair growth.
Causes of Infertility In women
- Ovulation Problem: This affects the discharge of eggs from the ovaries.
- Uterine and cervical Problem: These include irregularities with cervix, polyps in the uterus or the shape of the uterus.
- Fallopian tube destruction or blockage: This occurs due to inflammation of the fallopian tube.
- Endometriosis: This occurs when endometrial tissue grows outside the uterus.
- Early Menopause: This occurs when ovaries stop working and menstruation ends before age 40.
- Pelvic Adhesions: This occurs when there is band in scar tissue that bind organs
- Cancer and its treatment: Reproductive cancers, radiation and chemotherapy may affect fertility.
Causes of Infertility in Men
- Abnormal sperm production or function: This occurs due to testicles issues, genetic defects or health problems
- Problems with the delivery of sperm: This occurs due to sexual problems such as premature ejaculation or certain genetic diseases.
- Overexposure to environmental aspects: This occurs when exposure to pesticides and other chemicals, and radiation is very high.
- Damage related to cancer and its treatment: Treatment for cancer can impair sperm production, sometimes severely which includes radiation or chemotherapy.
Treatment Intrauterine Insemination Treatment (IUI)
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) treatment is simple and low-tech assisted reproductive technology and is used to boost the number of sperm to reach the fallopian tubes and increase the chance of fertilisation. This process uses a thin flexible tube called a catheter to inject the husband’ sperm or a donor sperm directly into the uterus. The sperm is pre-treated to derive the best quality sperm.
In-Vitro Fertilisation Treatment (IVF)
In-Vitro Fertilisation treatment (IVF) is a simple and pain free operation conducted by a specialist doctor who collects eggs from the woman’s ovaries using an extremely fine needle. Then these eggs are fertilized with a sperm sample of a husband or a donor in a laboratory and left to grow into embryos and then these embryos are transplanted back into your uterus after 3 to 5 days.
Types of IVF
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection Treatment (ICSI): Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection is transformational Treatment of male infertility such as low count or poor quality of sperm. In this treatment a single sperm is injected directly into a single egg and the resulting embryo is transplanted into the partner’s uterus. This treatment has curb the need of donor sperm.
- Intracytoplasmic Morphologically Sperm Injection Treatment (IMSI): Intracytoplasmic Morphologically Sperm Injection is a procedure where sperms are selected before the injection process takes place. In this process internal morphology of sperm is examined through an inverted microscope with magnifying power of 6000 times more than normal microscope to discard the abnormalities in the sperm and select the best quality sperm to increase the chance of fertilisation.
Egg Donation Treatment
Egg donation is recommended when the women’s eggs are not viable and strong enough to carry fertilisation process then it is advisable to use donor eggs with the husband sperm to produce embryos in the laboratory for IVF and these donor eggs can be stored in fertility clinics or centres for later use.
Sperm Donation Treatment
In this treatment sperm from donors are used for IVF to make women conceive. This procedure is adapted when the husband’s sperm is not usable for an IVF or IUI treatment. The sperm donor is well diagnosed for sexually transmitted disease or any genetic disorder before donating sperm.
In this treatment when couples are unable to make parents due to congenital absence of the uterus or malformations of the reproductive tract or other health issues. This surrogacy treatment is advised to couples where women’s healthy eggs are fertilized with the partner’s sperm and then are transferred to the surrogate woman’s womb for healthy development of the child.
Frozen Embryo Transfer Treatment
Embryo is frozen after the treatment and can be used for subsequent transfer for conceiving and it is advisable to those women who are about to undergo any severe medical treatment like chemotherapy or radiation therapy in near term.
Best Fertility Clinic in Lagos
The ARK Fertility Clinic is one of the most reputed fertility clinic in lagos with high success rate. From the last many years they are serving couples in order to conceive and give them happiness of parenthood with their whole array of best and cost effective Fertility treatments in lagos.
Why Choose Ark Fertility Clinic in Lagos
- This is one of the first fertility hospitals in Lagos who provides Counselling support to every couple to deal with the difficult infertility process inorder to make treatment more successful.
- One of the Fertility centers in Lagos who provides custom designed fertility treatment programs for each wannabe parent.
- Specialized in providing assisted reproductive treatment (ART) to men and women.
- Makes it best IVF clinics in Lagos by providing all diagnostic treatment and process required for the treatment of the infertility issue.
- In this covid-19 scenario, online consultation is also provided.
- Many Happy and satisfied customers.
Fertility Specialist in Lagos, Nigeria
Dr Oluyemisi Adeyemi- Bero
Dr Oluyemisi Adeyemi- Bero is one of the most acclaimed fertility specialists in Lagos and has vast experience of 20 years in this field. She is a trained specialist in Family Medicine from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, USA and trained in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from the UK. She has working medical experience in many countries like the UK, USA and Nigeria. She is a member of the American Society For Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) and The European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE)
Dr. Babajide Akinkunmi Somade, BSC (HONS), MSC., Phd.
In 1971 Dr. Somade completed his BSc. graduation from the University of Ife and did his MSc. from University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada in 1973 and completed his PhD. in Reproductive Physiology in 1977.
Dr. Somade is a trained Andrology Laboratory Technologist. He is a member of the Association for Fertility and Reproductive Health and the European Society of Human Reproduction Embryology. He has been the author and co-author of various peer reviewed articles published in scientific journals on reproduction and fertility topics.
I knew Dr. B from a friend who’s wife works at the Ark even though at that time I was not considering fertility treatments. My first baby, I experienced 3 miscarriages and thought to seek answers about the losses. I remembered Br. B because the first time I met her, I sensed her passion for her work and her positive nature and most importantly, I was drawn by the fact that the entire work force respected God. Therefore, God is in this too.
She encouraged my husband and I to go for IVF and said “you have a high chance of success…by God’s grace”. After much delibration, we agreed to go through the procedure.
I must say thank God for He really made it a success the first time with double blessing and I must say it was all worth it. While I went through this, the message was clear, I had to pray also and join my faith with Dr. B, Dr. J and other staffs of the Ark for my success.
I have carried this pregnancy into the second trimester as at today which is beyond the timing for the previous losses and I am positive I will give birth to live beautiful babies without any complications. Thank God for my miracle, Thanks to my dear husband for all his support and thanks to the Drs and staff at the Ark.
Contact Details Location : No. 7 Hannat Balogun Drive, Ikoyi – Lagos
Phone No : +234 701 445 7782 +234 808 753 4018
Timings : Monday – Friday: 9am – 5pm and Saturday: 10am – 2pm
Google Map Location : The ARK Clinic Location
Google Ratings : 4.7 Star Ratings (Read All Reviews)
Book an Appointment : https://arklinic.com/