Berlin is a popular travel destination for people of all ages. It’s home to some of the best hostels in Europe because it attracts young travelers who want to party without spending much money — there’s a reason why Berlin is said to be “poor but sexy.” This popular travel destination has over 105 hostels, but we’ve narrowed down this list to what we consider to be the best hostels in Berlin.
ABOUT BERLIN’S HOSTELS:
- Cheap beds and good hostels go early: a few outliers exist, but hostel prices are pretty standardized for the most part. What varies is quality, so it’s worth booking in advance to make sure you get your ideal options.
- Hostels: Berlin is one of Europe’s party cities, so many of its hostels cater to a young, budget-conscious crowd. Read reviews to make sure your hotel fits in with your trip style.
- Check The Location: Berlin is large and central, but ensure that your hostel locates you near parks, markets, and sights.
- Some hostels in Berlin require a deposit/fee for bedding. Cleaning is done frequently due to this requirement.
- Check-In and Cleaning Times: Many hostels have late check-in times, but most will let you store your bags in their luggage room if you arrive before the regular opening.
BERLIN’S BEST HOSTELS:
GRAND HOSTEL BERLIN: The Grand Hostel Berlin consistently gets the best ratings of any hostel in Germany. Located right in the center of town, they give you free drinks when you first arrive and are known for their socializing atmosphere. This isn’t a party hostel, but it has a lively feel to it, thanks to the bar where staff will be happy to chat with you.
The Grand Hostel in Berlin is a bit more expensive than other hostels in the city, but it offers complimentary breakfast and has lockers where guests can store their cell phone and laptop for safekeeping when they’re not using them.
CIRCUS HOSTEL: Circus Hostel, which not only has a bar but its microbrewery. The Circus is a large hostel, so it has a slight “hotel” vibe, but there are plenty of places to meet other travelers – especially the bar. The staff members were amiable and helped make sure that everything was kept tidy around the hostel.
If you’re looking for a party hostel, the Circus Hostel is the best place to stay in Berlin.
HEART OF GOLD HOSTEL: “Heart of Gold Hostel” is a party-friendly place to stay during your visit to Berlin. Located near the city center, it’s easy for guests to explore the area without using any money on public transportation.
PLUS BERLIN HOSTEL: PLUS Berlin was the most popular hostel in 2017, and it attracts many party-goers. It’s located in Friedrichs Hain — a hip/artsy neighborhood near East Side Gallery. Guests enjoy big rooms, a bar, a restaurant, a swimming pool, a sauna, and a courtyard garden. Plus, they’re already giving guests free drinks upon arrival!
Berlin has become a hotspot for travelers, and with so many hostels to choose from, it can be hard to pick the right one. We’ve done all the research for you, giving you an insider’s look at our favorite places to stay in Berlin. Check out this list of top-notch hostels perfect for your next trip!