There are instances when you want to invest in a laptop or upgrade to a new laptop, but you’re on a very tight budget. India, as a market, is very price-sensitive, and in fact, the under 25,000 INR category is one of the most popular categories for laptops in India.
Especially in the current virtual schooling scenario, the demand for laptops under 25,o00 INR has ballooned. People want laptops that are high functioning, contemporary, fairly good-looking, lightweight (because they should be portable even after normalcy resumes), and packed with all the latest features required for the online existence that we lead today.
If you’re looking at the best laptops India has to offer, which are truly value for money, and fall within the laptops under 25000 INR category, you need to consider the following four prerequisites. You could agree to back down on any one of them if the laptop in question offers some other, truly stellar feature.
- 4GB RAM, which is the minimum RAM size you need to run basic tasks like web browsing, email, and Microsoft Office-type tasks, along with the usual video streaming capabilities. While most people would only look at storage space, having a laptop with decent RAM size is of paramount importance for its optimum operation.
- 1TB HDD storage to accommodate all the photographs, videos and documents that you need to save, regardless of your main intention of owning a laptop.
- Windows 10 OS, which should be a given in a new laptop. There are enough models in the market that come with Windows 10 OS even for budget-conscious consumers. If you are buying a laptop with Windows OS, get a model that comes with the latest version.
- Built-in webcam and microphone, although some might prefer to add-on an HD webcam. It might definitely prove cheaper to add on a webcam than buying a high-end laptop in order to get a better camera.
- 6000mAh battery. Although you might be spending a lot of time at home right now, you will eventually need your laptop to function without having to charge it constantly.
We have also lined up some of the best laptops India has on shelves at the moment for your convenience. As you will see, the laptops under 25,000 INR price segment come with excellent features. Asus and Lenovo tend to have the most number of models, catering to the laptops under 25,000 INR deal-seekers.
#1 The Lenovo Duet Chromebook which has 4GB RAM, 128GB HDD storage, a MediaTek™ Helio P60T Processor and a Chrome operating system.
Stand-out feature: It transforms seamlessly between laptop and tablet.
#2 The Lenovo Ideapad S145 which comes with 4GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, an AMD Athlon dual-core processor, Windows 10 OS and full HD display.
Stand-out feature: This mini laptop weighs only 1.6 kgs.
# 3 The Asus VivoBook 15 has an Intel Celeron dual core processor, 4GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive and a Windows 10 OS.
Stand-out feature: It comes with the Windows 10 Home Edition.
# 4 The Asus Pentium Quad Core laptop could even qualify as a mini laptop given that it is lightweight at about 2kgs, and measures a little over 15 inches. It comes with an Intel Pentium Processor, 4GB RAM and 1TB hard drive.
# 5 The Acer One Pentium Gold laptop, which comes with an Intel Pentium Gold processor, 4GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive and an Intel Integrated graphics processor.
Stand-out feature: It costs less than Rs. 20,000.
Want the best laptops India has to offer but don’t want to pay the entire amount up front? “Pay via EMIs” is a feature that allows buyers to enjoy gadgets and other products and services with the promise that the buyer will pay the sum due in instalments over subsequent months.
You can go ahead and opt for this convenience using the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card. Choose your favourite laptop and pay for it in instalments that suit your convenience.