Gmail is used by millions of users across the world and is one of the biggest and widely used Email services. That’s why a person has to regularly take the backup of all email from Gmail.
Google mail data is sensitive because it stores passwords, confidential data, bank statements, etc.. Keeping that data safe and secure, we need to backup our mails because if data is stolen by hackers or any natural calamities occur your data is lost forever.
In these issues, users always ask how to backup all emails from Gmail account? The reason for this problem is giving below.
There are approaches like – Google Takeout and SysTools Gmail Backup that can take backup all mails from Gmail. Both methods have their importance, one is a Manual method and another one is Automated.
Table of Content
Google Takeout is used as a Manual method that is used to take email backup from Gmail but it’s a very time consuming that can waste user time & effort too and it has some limitations also.
SysTools Gmail Backup is the automatic software that provides backup for contacts, events, Google drive documents other than Email. It also provides different types of file formats like PST / MSG / MBOX / EML.
Why you Need to Backup all Emails from Gmail Account?
Emails have a very important role in Business Communication. It contains very sensitive data like business data, banking credentials, personal data, which are very much needed for the user. That’s why it is important to backup my emails from Gmail.
Natural disasters, Viruses, Software failures, power failures, human errors (deletion of mail by mistake) are only a few examples of what could destroy the data.
That is why the recovery of Email is important for the users.
Features of Automated Software
- It is capable to backup emails, contacts, events and Google Drive documents from your personal Gmail account.
- Users can download emails in more than three file formats like – PST, EML, MSG or MBOX.
- It provides the facility to import Google Contacts into the standard VCF 2.1 version format.
- A person can download the Events from Google Mail into ICS format at any user’s specified location.
- This software consists of the filter such as Folder and E-mail filter which can save you time and effort to backup of all Email from Gmail.
- The dynamic feature of this tool is Delete after Download, which clears the emails from the server once a copy of mail is saved on the local machine.
- This tool supports 6 different languages i.e. English, French, Dutch, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- A special feature like Incremental Backup always saves new data of your Gmail account.
- After the migration of email is done it provides the complete backup status report in CSV format.
- If an interrupt occurs in downloading, you can use the Pause and Resume option and when interrupt over you can take backup all emails from gmail
- User can specifically select the data that he/she want to migrate.
- It Maintains Folder Hierarchy when the download is complete in PST format.
Note: It supports only a free Google mail account to move data and does not save user credentials in the software database.
Steps to Backup all Mails from Gmail
Step 1. Login with your Gmail account id.
Step 2. SysTools provide different type of file format like PST/ MSG/ MBOX / EML. You can select any one of them.
Step 3. Select the multiple filter and data that you want to download.
Step 4.Click on Start to complete the Gmail backup process.
Manual Solutio to Backup all Mails from Gmail using Google Takeout –
- Visit https://takeout.google.com/ to use Google Takeout.
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Select the type of data that you want to backup and Click on next step.
Note: According to your preference, you can customize your data that you want to backup by selecting the option giving in the list.
- In this Step, select the following:
1. Under the “Delivery method” option you can select the following type: Send download link via Email, Add to Drive, Add to Dropbox, Add to OneDrive, Add to the box.
2. In the “Export type,” you can select the option according to your preference.
3. Download file in particular file format in the “File type”: .zip or .tgz.
4. Select the size of archive file in the “Size”: 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 10GB, 50GB.
5. Click on to Create an archive option.
- In Archive progress, an archive google data request is sent to the mail account. From there the user can download or manage archive data.
- Click on the Download archive.
- Archive file is downloaded in .zip or .tgz format.
- Extract the Archive file. Once the extract process is complete your Gmail Email data is backup.
Limitations of Google Takeout –
- In the process of downloading if internet connectivity is lost, the user has to start over the process.
- Shared file cannot be exported using Google Takeout, even user has created that file.
- 50 GB per day is the total limit to download an archive file of (.tgz).
- At a time you can create an archive for a single user only.
- In case of downloading a large amount of data, the user ends up with partial download – whole data cannot be downloaded.
- There is a limit to archive a file ie., 2 to 3 per day. Users can create an archive file using Google Takeout three attempts a day and up to seven totals per week.
- The files that are owned by someone else would not be download.
The bottom line…
Problems never tell when come. Similarly, when an Email is get lost, steal or get corrupted by a natural disaster, viruses, hackers, software failure, power failure never warn the user. That is why it is necessary to use a third-party tool provided by SysTools that can take care of user Email, Contacts, Calendar, Google Documents, etc.. and backup of all email from Gmail.