There are nearly 4.5 billion active internet users worldwide, according to the We Are Social report. There is a lot of work to be done for advertisers and marketers. It’s no wonder the digital advertising market is booming: global digital ad spend is expected to increase from $ 283 billion in 2018 to $ 517 billion in 2023. This article explains how VR and AR marketing is evolving globally.
Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality in Marketing
With the arrival of more advanced technologies that enable high-precision reproduction of environments, objects, and people, e-commerce sees Augmented Reality (XR) technology as a promising technological tool that can provide a satisfying user experience similar to that of a physical store.
Digital disruption has accelerated innovations such as virtual marketing and augmented reality.
Reasons for Using Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality in Marketing
- You need to be visible to your current and future perspectives, instill trust in your IT / high technology brand and incorporate it after the transition to defend it and promote advocacy.
- Take a planned approach to market your IT / high technology business to conduct quick reviews, find opportunities, build highly effective teams, and develop your marketing strategy to reach, attract and attract more customers.
- Smart Insights offers marketing solutions for retailers of all sizes
- Virtual reality and marketing enable brands to create experiences, engage consumers and drive conversions in engaging ways.
- Marketing is more than ever determined by customer wants and needs. With the advent of new technology, customers want brands to deliver the experiences they use.
Therefore, marketers need to keep up with new developments to meet customer expectations and provide the best possible experience. Many AR development company are ready assist brands to integrate this technology into their marketing strategy.
Augmented Reality Advertising
- Emotional connection
Augmented reality ads aren’t the only way of promoting products or services. AR offers other ways for marketers and advertisers to increase sales volumes.
- Boosting sales
Augmented reality advertising is not the only way to promote a product or service. AR offers marketers and advertisers another way to increase sales: virtual trials.
Starting an AR ad campaign is usually a lot cheaper than placing a print ad in a top-selling print magazine.
- IKEA AR Marketing Campaign
- Pepsi Bus Shelter AR Ad
- Toys ”R” Us Campaign for Children
- Lacoste Virtual Try-Ons
- Lacoste Virtual Try-Ons
Virtual Reality in Marketing
The promise of VR is what the industry calls “presence” – the feeling that you are somewhere else. A VR camera like Jump can capture the entire experience in one place – every corner, every corner. Soon, cameras like this will be capturing experiences around the world.
Can virtual reality in marketing and advertising make shoppers feel better about your product?
- With VR marketing, companies can bridge the gap between experience and action. You can use VR to offer digital experiences, not physical experiences that can be used to promote products and services.
- Apart from promoting existing products, you can also use VR to demonstrate their progress. This helps customers invest in what you create and provides you with a great source of feedback.
- Most importantly, VR is changing the dynamics between brands and consumers. Instead of using an ad blocker or clicking on ads as fast as possible, people are looking for a VR branded experience. This is where users come to you instead of having to attract them.
Challenges in Setting Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Advertising
- Mobile app development is required
- Hardware limitations
- Development process is tedious
The effects of XR on many aspects of our lives have been predicted in several studies. Almost every aspect of consumer behavior will be affected by this new technology. Several studies predict that technology-mediated human communication will evolve from today’s smartphones to MR interfaces in combination with artificial intelligence techniques to interpret consumer activity in most aspects of our lives and especially in our consumer habits and behavior. AR marketing offers marketers a tremendous advantage because this technology makes advertising attractive, interactive, and effective. As you can see, many companies have adopted this premium technology and others are expected to follow suit.