In this post, Today we are going to Discuss about AOL email settings on outlook so read this for updated information to setup aol mail.
Without the proper AOL email settings, you won’t be able to send or receive any emails. You need to set up both, the AOL IMAP settings as well as AOL SMTP settings to use the AOL email services without any hassle. So, if you are struggling with the AOL mail settings, read the article below in detail to know the stepwise AOL email settings as per your device type and email client. All the steps are really easy to follow and execute, you can do it all alone for your device and email client.
AOL IMAP Settings (Incoming Mail Server)
- AOL Mail IMAP server address: imap.aol.com
- AOL Mail IMAP user name: Your full AOL Mail email address.
- AOL Mail IMAP password: Your AOL Mail password
- AOL Mail IMAP port: 993
- AOL Mail IMAP TLS/SSL required: yes
- AOL SMTP Outgoing Server Address: smtp.aol.com
- AOL SMTP port: 587
- AOL SMTP security: STARTTLS
- AOL SMTP Username: Your full AOL Mail email address
- AOL SMTP password. Your AOL Mail password
The below-mentioned AOL outlook settings will work for outlook 2016, outlook 2010, outlook 2007 etc.
- Open Microsoft Outlook and go to File.
- Click on Account Settings and from Account Settings menu, open the Account Settings window.
- Click on the first tab and select New.
- Now click on Manual setup or additional server types.
- Click Next.
- Choose POP or IMAP from the list of options.
- Click Next.
- Fill out all the details in the Add Account window: Your Name, Email Address, Server Information section (imap.aol.com for the Incoming mail server and smtp.aol.com for the Outgoing mail server).
- Type your AOL email username and password at the bottom of the Add Account screen. Do not enter “aol.com” portion here, type only your username.
- Check Remember password box.
- Now select More Settings from the bottom right of the Add Account window.
- Go to the Outgoing Server tab and check ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ box.
- In the Advanced tab of the Internet Email Settings window, type 587 in the Outgoing server (SMTP) area.
- Click OK to save the changes and exit the window.
- Select Next and click on the Add Account window.
- Outlook will test the account settings and will send you a text message.
- Select Finish to close down the Add Account window.
- Now click Close to exit the Account Settings screen.
That’s it. You are done with all AOL email settings for outlook.
Unable to Receieve Email – How to Fix AOL mail not Receiving Emails