AOL Email Settings Process
If User want to download their email, IMAP is meant to be the best way for any email client. Now in case any user wants to access AOL Email & work with any compatible email client, IMAP is must there. First, mention specific details about AOL Mail and then work upon the IMAP server settings. All your messages can be accessed with the AOL Mail IMAP server. So that why user need to AOL Email Server settings to retrieve the notifications.
AOL suggests using IMAP placing over POP3 and SMTP. Although each those protocols are supported via AOL. However, there are a few points that IMAP beats in terms of capabilities.
At the time when you set AOL email providers to different other email clients, you will enter specific information. This allows other providers to use your AOL Mail. Below are some IMAP Settings to receive AOL Mail:
- AOL Mail IMAP server address: imap.aol.com
- AOL Mail IMAP username: AOL Mail email address
- AOL Mail IMAP password: AOL Mail password
- AOL Mail IMAP port: 993
- AOL Mail IMAP TLS/SSL required: Yes
Which features are unavailable on other Mail Applications?
Below this article includes what other apps fail to have the feature over AOL email settings:
- Message status: Unable to access unread messages and the user cannot see the status of sent messages. AOL mail allows that.
- Spam: Users do not get permission to use the Report button. Whereas, AOL Mails gives access to report spam any messages that are harmful.
- Delete Mail: Different email applications have different settings. Some allow seeing the deleted emails and some do not show the deleted emails.
- Server Address: smtp.aol.com
- Username: Your AOL Mail screen name (e.g. whatever comes before @aol.com)
- Password: Your AOL Mail password
- Port Number: 587 (With TLS)
- Alternative Port Number: 465 (With SSL)
- Authentication: Required
- Sending Limits: 500 Emails a day or 100 connections a day.
How do I configure Outlook for AOL Mail?
- Click File in the Outlook top menu.
- In the left pane, make sure Info is selected, and click Add Account.
- Enter your AOL email address, and then click Connect.
- Enter your AOL email account password, and then click Connect.
- Click Done.
- For more information aol outlook settings click here.