According to Future Market Insights, Inc., The Food Waste Management Market is Expected to Develop at a CAGR of 6.4% Between 2032
The sales of food waste management market are estimated to be valued at US$ 62.6 Bn in 2022. As per Future Market Insights (FMI), the overall market value is expected to reach US$ 116.4 Bn by 2032, rising at a CAGR of 6.4% for 2022-32.
According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), more than 38 million tons of food waste was generated in 2014, with a mere five percent diverted from incinerators and landfills. EPA estimates that food accounts for 21.6% percent of discarded municipal solid waste generated in the country. Food losses and waste bring to light the inefficiency of food value chains and food systems, which cause a fall in overall food availability.
To remain ‘ahead’ of your competitors, request for @
The increasing food loss and wastage has led to a growing focus on decreasing the total volume of waste produced while increasing efforts to bring about sustainability in food waste management worldwide. The global food waste management market is anticipated to be valued at US$ 62.6 Bn in 2022. Future Market Insights (FMI) projects that the food waste management market will see a significant CAGR of over 6.4% during 2021 – 2032.
Key Takeaways – Food Waste Management Market Study
- The food waste prevention segment is expected to rank relatively high on the attractiveness index in the global food waste management market. In 2022, the food prevention segment is anticipated to dominate the market.
- Food loss and wastage occurs at each node of the supply chain, from primary production to final end consumption.
- According to FMI survey, it is observed that around 85% to 90% of the overall food wasted in the developing economies is in the supply chain, including producers, processors, distributors, transportation & logistics, and retailer levels. In developing economies, food loss usually occurs in the earlier stages of the supply chain as a result of limited technology, inadequate infrastructural facilities, unfavorable climatic conditions, and insufficient processing and lack of marketing.
- In contrast, developed economies witness food losses and wastage to a substantial extent at the downstream stages of the supply chain.
- In 2019, food processing wastes is estimated to dominate the food waste management market by waste type.
- Rising preference for animal food production from food waste is expected gain traction in the food waste management market in the foreseeable future. Animal Feed, followed by fertilizers, are anticipated to remain the largest end-use segment globally during the forecast period.
- Increase in promotional activities and investments in renewable energy generation are leading to the growing market prospects for food waste management in North America. High demand for renewable energy and development in infrastructure encourages new players operating in recycling and processing food waste market.
Players in the food waste management market could strengthen their positions by introducing services in the rural areas where the concentration of food waste management companies is relatively low.
Request Customization @
Technological Developments to Enhance Prospects for Food Waste Management Organizations
Increasing participation of small and mid-size enterprises in the global food waste management market provides opportunities for innovation in services offered by waste management companies. Through the development of innovative technologies such as shelf-life extension technology, companies operating in the food waste management market are able to expand their global footprint by leveraging the regulatory implications.
Know More About What the Report Covers
Market Segments Covered in Food Waste Management Industry Analysis
By Waste Type:
- Food Production Wastes
- Agricultural Produce Wastes
- Fruits & Vegetable Waste
- Staple Grain Waste
- Poultry, Fish and Meat Wastes
- Poultry Meat
- Fish & Other Marine Food
- Food Processing Wastes
- Agricultural Produce Processing Waste
- Poultry, Meat and Seafood Processing Wastes
- Dairy Food Processing Waste
- Other Food Processing Wastes
- Distribution and Supply Chain Wastes
- Retail Wastes
- Consumption Wastes
- Household Food Waste
- Food Services, Hospitality & Institutional Waste (FSHI Waste)
- Animal Feed
- Renewable Energy & Biofuels
- Others (Cosmetic, Soap, Bio-plastic, and Other Products)
Get 25% Festive Offer@ https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/checkout/2749
Download complimentary copy of Future Market Insights White Paper in collaboration with PBFIA, on the Plant Based Market that throws light on potential opportunities and investments made in the Global plant based market