On-demand services are the current trend in the market, and so, many entrepreneurs are launching their own businesses in this domain. They manage to launch an app like Uber for their business within a short period. They are highly advanced than an app built from scratch and budget-friendly. It is a boon for all the small and medium scale enterprises.
Three important panels of an App like Uber:
The clone apps that are similar to Uber should have three crucial dashboards. The panels’ workflow and features will differ from each other.
The administrator can log in to the dashboard and carry out the following:
- Manage and monitor the process – The administrator can manage the entire process, and this will help them ensure that the process is running smoothly.
- Approve delivery professionals/drivers/service providers – After checking the documents uploaded in the app, the administrator has to approve the executives.
- Accessing trip statistics and reviews – The administrator can view the trip history, overall analytics, and statistics.
- Managing the accounts and user data – The accounts section is managed by the administrator, and they can access the user/delivery executive data any time they want. They will also have the privilege to modify or update them if required.
The user places a request for a particular service or product or item. They will have the following workflow:
- Login/sign up: The user should be provided with multiple options to sign up, and the registration process should be easy.
- Authentication: OTP will be sent to the user’s phone number or email ID, and they have to enter it in the app to complete the authentication procedure.
- Location specification: The source and the destination should be specified in the respective text boxes. The pin available in Google Maps can also be used to indicate the correct location.
- Product/service selection: The service required or a suitable product should be chosen in the next step.
- Estimated fare: Total fare for the service or product, including the packaging and delivery charge are displayed in the app. The user should then confirm the order.
- Live-tracking: the live location of the service provider will be displayed to the user and vice versa.
- Payment: Several secure payment gateways are available in the app to help the user pay without much hassle.
- Splitting of bills: If it is a shared ride, the correct fare to be paid will be displayed to each of the customers who have taken the ride.
- Reviews and ratings: Both the service provider and the user can rate each other and mention additional suggestions or feedback if required.
Service provider dashboard:
The service provider/ or the delivery executive will have the following characteristics in their app:
- Registration: The service provider can register using any one of the registration methods.
- Uploading documents: A few documents should be uploaded for verification purposes.
- Service requests: After approval by the administrator, the service providers can go ahead and start accepting/rejecting requests.
- Availability toggle: With the help of the availability slider, they can mention their status as available or not available.
- Access to customer details: They will have access to the customer’s name, phone number, and live location.
- Payment confirmation: Once the customer pays for the service or product, they will get a payment confirmation receipt.
- Ratings and feedback: After the service, they can rate the user and provide suggestions or feedback if required.
How is an app like Uber developed?
These apps undergo a few phases before they are made live on the Play Store and Apple Store. On successful completion of these phases, they will be launched after a review session.
The business needs of the entrepreneur should be clearly understood as it forms the foundation for building an efficient and user-friendly app.
The on-demand market should be analyzed for knowing the current scenario and requirements or expectations that the customers put forth.
Based on the outcome of the previous stages, the vital features to be present in the app should be decided. The app should not be overloaded with attributes, but at the same time, it should contain all the necessary features.
A sample layout of the app should be structured, and the developing team should make sure that all the characteristics can be employed using the latest technologies.
Technology stack of the app:
The app should be developed using the latest and robust frameworks and tools. This will make the app highly user-friendly.
In this phase, the actual app development process takes place. Developers make sure that the app satisfies the business requirements of the customer.
The app is then tested for any technical glitches or bugs. It is then launched on the same day after approval from the client.
Building an Uber Clone App is very easy if you find the right app development company. Make sure they develop an app that satisfies your business needs. Include all the necessary features and secure payment gateways to the app. Earn loyal customers with an attractive app and your quality service.