Nothing beats the feel of salon fresh hair. There is something magical about the way they smell and feel after being pampered in the right way. Many people don’t realize that salons simply treat hair the way it is meant to be treated: with love and care.
If you want your hair to look and feel like it has just been processed in a salon, here are some things that you can try. Understanding your hair and then learning how to take care of it at home can help foster the overall health of your hair and keep it glossy and shiny all day long. Let’s go and check it out!
Understand your Hair Type
Many people don’t realize the importance of understanding their hair type, thus spend their whole lives trying to figure out how to treat them with little to no success. Before starting any hair care routine, it is vital that you consider what kind of hair you have to figure out which hair care routine will be relevant. Here is a quick list of the most common hair types.
- Straight hair: this type is amongst the most prevalent hair types, generally known for its sheen and hard-to-damage nature.
- Curly hair: this type is characterized by hair which has an ‘s’ or ‘z’ shape. It is often characterized by frizz, especially in humid conditions.
- Wavy hair: hair which falls between straight and curly is referred to as wavy.
- Kinky hair: hair that is tightly coiled and extremely dense is called kinky. It is an interesting hair type as it reduces when wet, and generally breaks easily.
All hair types vary in their conditions depending on each individual. While some people have oily hair, others have a dry hair texture featuring spilt-ends or even dandruff.
Taking Care of Hair
Once you have understood your hair type and condition, your job is half done. Here are some natural things to try at home to keep your hair looking their absolute best.
- Egg Conditioner: though this may sound messy and smelly, giving your hair exposure to a rich source of protein can help restore its overall strength and luster. Though an entire egg is considered an ideal conditioner, if you have dry or brittle hair it is recommended you use egg whites to restore its moisture.
Apply egg to clean, damp hair, and leave for at least twenty minutes before rinsing off.
- Regular Washing: keeping your hair clean is essential to ensure salon freshness. Make sure you use cold water for rinsing hair to prevent damage. Bear in mind, washing hair frequently can weaken the roots, so make sure to wash your hair every two to three days.
- Use Good Products: one of the most essential parts of going to a good salon is the fact that they use the best quality products on your hair. The products that best suit your hair have more natural ingredients and lesser chemicals, such as Prose.
To take better care of your hair remember to wash your hair, condition it perfectly, and invest time to moisturize it and then detangle it carefully. To make your hair look salon fresh, make sure you style it while using heat protection sprays.
As you have seen, getting salon fresh hair at home isn’t very hard. All you have to do is first understand your hair type and then regularly follow a hair care routine to keep it healthy.
From using good hair products to making the use of natural ingredients, there are many different things that you can try in order to maintain and improve the quality of your hair. Hope this guide helps you have salon fresh hair even at home!