Is your Netgear extender still connected to your home WiFi network? Are you getting the desired and increased internet range coming from your home router? If you are not sure, then make sure that your Netgear extender is connected to the WiFi network properly.
We have two easy methods through which you can easily connect your Netgear extender to the WiFi network. You can choose any one of them to get the job done.
- Connect your Netgear extender through internet.
- Connect your Netgear extender through WiFi.
Connect your Netgear extender through internet
- Connect your Netgear range extender to your main router with an Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web browser.
- Connect to Netgear_Ext.
- Type mywifiext.net or Netgear extender IP address into the browser’s address bar.
- Press Enter or click on “Search” button.
- The Netgear WiFi extender setup page displays.
- Enter the Netgear extender login credentials that you chose during the setup process.
- Click on Log In once you’re done.
- Now, once you are logged in successfully, select the “Setup” and then “Wireless Settings” option.
- Under the “Security Options”, verify that the value in the Password field matches your existing router password. If it doesn’t match, change it so that it matches.
- Click on “Apply” and save the changes.
Connect your WiFi devices to the Netgear WiFi range extender and get the expected internet speed without buffering or interruption in every corner of your house.
Now, let us guide you – how you can connect your smart Netgear extender through WiFi without any ado.
Connect your Netgear extender through WiFi
- First of all, locate the Netgear extender reset hole.
- Press and hold the reset hole on your Netgear device using a small, thin, and pointed object.
- Release the Netgear extender’s reset hole.
- Your Netgear device resets successfully.
- Open your computer, mobile device or laptop.
- Launch a web browser on it.
- Type mywifiext.net into your web browser’s address bar field.
Bonus Tip: To make Netgear extender setup an easy task, download and install the Nighthawk app.
- Click on Search or Press the Enter key.
- Netgear extender login page will appear on your device’s home screen.
- Enter your Netgear extender’s default username and password.
Note: On the off chance that you have personalized your device’s admin details, keep this in mind, the default one will no longer work.
- Hit the Log In button.
- Netgear range extender setup screen displays.
- Follow the displayed instructions and connect your Netgear device to your home network without any hassle.
Note: If your main router uses the WEP security, enter its network name (SSID) and password (security key) when prompted.
Connect your devices to the Netgear WiFi extender and enjoy the increased speed of the internet.
So, in these ways guys, you can easily connect your extender to your home network and get the desired internet speed. After reading this post and applying the tips given here – please do share your feedback about your experience. Also, if you have any suggestions on how we can increase our existing internet speed and get connected to our home WiFi network, then without any hesitation – drop them into the comment section.