A hearty smile is a good way to break the ice on a date or during an interview. It helps you in making an impact. In fact, scientists say that you can benefit from it when you are with your schoolmates, colleagues, friends, or lover. A recent study of Penn State University corroborates this claim saying that smiling makes us appear more competent.
To have that smile, take good care of your teeth and avoid any long-time dental problems. In most cases, practices like brushing twice a day, proper diet, regular flossing, and timely dental check-ups prevent the damage. To know in detail, contact the best dentists in Irving, TX.
In the United States, 26% of adults suffer from untreated tooth decay, and around 46% of the people aged 30 or above show gum problems. This is an indicator of how seriously people should take care of their teeth. It’s also why you shouldn’t hesitate to visit this prosthodontist in Altamonte Springs if you need treatment
Let’s briefly dig into some of the major dental problems.
- Bad Breath
It is mortifying, especially if you are in a group and you suddenly discover you have bad breath. Bad breath is also known as halitosis. Studies confirm that around 85% of cases of bad breath germinate from dental conditions.
- Gum disease, oral cancer, dryness in the mouth, bacterial problems, and cavities are problems that trigger bad breath
- Mouthwash masks it temporarily
- The better cure is possible only if you consult a dentist to find the cause
- Tooth Decay
In the United States, this is the second most common disease. It is also known as cavities and it happens to people of all ages.
- Plaque, the sticky substance on your teeth, is one trigger point
- The other is sugar or starch in your food
- When they come together, they start acidic reactions, which attack tooth enamel
- In fact, certain medications can trigger decay
- Brushing twice a day, flossing, and regular dental check-ups can prevent this
- You have to maintain a proper diet as well. This means curbing junk food intake and avoiding drinks with a high sugar content
- Mouth Sores
Sores always cause great discomfort. If you are a foodie, then mouth sores can be a real pain. It also gets healed naturally, but if it stays for more than two weeks, then visit the best dentists in Irving, TX for a thorough check-up.
There are three types of sores.
- Common sores or canker sores (aphthous ulcers) happen inside the mouth and are not contagious. They are not much of a concern
- Fever blisters happen due to the Herpes simplex virus. You will find it on the outer edge of your lips on and off as they are not completely curable
- Mouth sores are a kind of yeast infection that happens due to dentures, diabetes, cancer treatment. It also occurs in infants
- Gum Disease
It is a common problem in adults above the age of 30. The gum surrounding the teeth starts decaying if you do not take proper care. In the US, 47.2% of adults have some sort of gum disease or periodontal disease. This number is quite daunting.
- Diabetes and dry mouth increase the possibility
- Smoking is a major propeller of this disease
- Its symptoms mostly include red, swollen, tender, or bleeding gums, sensitive teeth, bad breath, and pain during chewing
- Two types of gum disease gingivitis and periodontitis
- As a preventive measure brushing twice a day and regular flossing can help
- Tooth Sensitivity
No one likes to give up their favorite food or drink just to avoid toothache from tooth sensitivity. But sometimes, people do shriek with pain when they try out their favorite beverage or dessert. It happens when teeth are sensitive to hot or cold feelings. In fact, mere brushing or flossing can trigger acute discomfort.
- Studies find that tooth sensitivity is quite common. 1 out of 8 Americans suffer from this problem
- A cracked tooth can also trigger tooth sensitivity
- Sometimes it leads to a tooth loss
- This is totally treatable
- Stained Teet
It hampers any chance of making a good impression with a smile. What causes this? Well, your favorite food, smoking habit, medications, or some trauma can lead to discoloration. A healthy brushing will prevent it. But sometimes, you have to go a step further.
- Go to a dentist and he will treat it with some whitening agent. In some cases, he will introduce a light for treatment
- Opting for a bleaching agent at home is a good option
- If you choose whitening toothpaste and whitening rinses, then expect some changes on the surface level
Most of us find toddlers or infants cute. That is because they break into a smile more often than adults, roughly around 400 times a day. That is the power of a hearty smile.
Having that power requires some planned minutes daily that will take care of your teeth. If you are in Texas, schedule appointments with the best dentists in Irving, TX.