5 WAYS TO CURB CARB CRAVING ON KETO DIET
The carb rollercoaster man! A ride, only people on Keto would understand….Those doughnuts, luscious pizzas, seasoned-fries, crunchy nuggets………..most likely you have had the intense desire to just kick cautions to the wind to indulge in the sin.
Been there, done that……I can feel your pain!
I’ve been on keto for a quite long time and honestly, being on keto was so hard until I found how to really combat those cravings. This blog is all about my own tried and tested things that help me really curb my carb cravings…let’s get in!!
1. Have 3 meals & 2 snacks a day:
Having long gaps between meals or snacks can drop your blood sugar that would ultimately pump up your carb craving. So, keep yourself stable by having zero-carb but filling meals (3 times a day) and keto-friendly snacks (2 times a day).
2. Drink plenty of water
People often mistake thirst for hunger–eating instead of drinking when they’re actually thirsty. Our body receives mixed signals of hunger when we’re outta enough hydration. This causes us to crave food when we actually need liquid intake. So, make sure you drink at least eight cups of water a day. Two cups can come from coffee or tea (caffeinated is fine), herb tea, sugar-free sodas or broth.
3. Don’t forget fat. Or protein.
Protein-rich foods and snacks make you feel fuller for longer. Moreover, when your body breaks down such foods, it creates amino acids called “phenylalanine” that triggers hormones that curb hunger. So, try to incorporate more and more protein-rich foods and snacks such as:
- High protein-low carb bars, preferably “Built Bars” (use BuiltBar coupon codes to get discounts). Watch the full review here.
- Regular food cooked with canola, olive, and most nut oils, as well as butter or coconut oil.
- Salads topped with extra virgin olive oil
- Greek Yogurt
- Lean & read meat.
Keto-friendly protein sources for vegans:
- Full-fat coconut milk, coconut cream, unsweetened coconut.
- Olive oil, nut oil, coconut oil, MCT oil, avocado oil.
- Nuts, such as almonds, Brazil nuts, walnuts, hemp seeds, chia seeds, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds.
- Peanut butter, almond butter, sunflower butter, cashew butter.
- Leafy greens, Brussels sprouts, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, mushrooms.
- Full-fat tofu, tempeh.
- Coconut yogurt, vegan butter, cashew cheese, vegan cream cheese.
- Whole avocados, guacamole.
- Blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries can be enjoyed in moderation.
- Nutritional yeast, fresh herbs, lemon juice, salt, pepper, spices.
4. Subscribe keto-friendly snack box
There are brands such as The Keto Box (use The Keto Box coupon codes), Sugar Smart Box, My Keto Snack Box, ect that deliver keto-friendly snacks to your doors every month so you won’t have to cheat on your diet. I have subscribed to The Keto Box…the service is just so amazing and at times, they surprise me by sending products that are worth more than what I paid for my box. So, I would highly recommend this one!
5. Watch your stress
Taking stress drops the blood sugar levels in your body that makes you look for comfort food. Try to de-stress yourself by giving time to your hobbies, engage yourself in activities that make you.