5 Most Popular International Scholarships for Indian Students
Global education is an unforgettable experience that allows students to explore new places and cultures, expand their career prospects, improve language skills and broaden horizons. Every year, thousands of young people from across the globe decide to apply to international universities. Unfortunately, studies can cost an arm and a leg. That’s why there are international scholarships for Indian students. Keep reading to discover the most popular types and requirements you need to meet to get them!
1. Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship
This scholarship is provided by the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission to students from the Commonwealth nations, including India. If you want to apply, you need to meet a few criteria such as:
- Being an Indian citizen,
- Using English as the medium of education,
- Taking part in preliminary interviews.
Your tuition fee, living expenses and economy class return airfare will be covered as part of this international scholarship for Indian students.
2. Chevening Scholarships
This scholarship is offered by the UK government to students of a one-year postgraduate degree. It’s granted to those who are likely to become global leaders in the future. The criteria include:
- Being a graduate or postgraduate student,
- Taking up a master’s degree in the UK,
- Having at least 2 years of work experience.
Your tuition, living expenses, travel costs and other allowances will be covered as part of this scholarship.
3. Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarships
This scholarship offered by Newcastle University is dedicated to international students, undergraduates and postgraduates. It’s granted to candidates that have been offered courses and it covers tuition up to £3,000 (for a year).
4. Rhodes Scholarships
This postgraduate scholarship is given to students who want to become selfless global leaders. In order to apply for the international scholarship for Indian students, you’re required to:
- Be an Indian citizen,
- Complete formal education in India (at least four years),
- Be less than 25 years old,
- Have secured First Class.
Thanks to the scholarship you won’t have to worry about your tuition fees, accommodation costs and living expenses.
5. Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships
This scholarship is given to talented students from the UK, Europe and USA. In order to quality for it, you’re required to:
- Have at least 2 years of work experience,
- Be less than 30 years old,
- Be an Indian citizen with an undergraduate Indian degree.
As part of the scholarship, your tuition fees, living expenses and air travel costs are covered.
Although studying abroad can be extremely expensive, thanks to international scholarships for Indian students, young people from India have the possibility to explore the world and expand their horizons.