While technology is a great thing and a blessing usually but when it does not perform, it becomes quite frustrating and costly. This remains true for printers.
No office setup is complete without a printer and if you run/work at a corporation, there might be a full room dedicated to printers. Everyone needs to use a printer, from getting copies of minutes of meeting to printing memos and whatnot. That is why it is really essential to learn the peculiarities of different types of copiers so that your experience with it be as trouble-free as possible.
Life at the office without a printer seems unreal and a nightmare. But sometimes this nightmare does come true when the printer gets broken or give out faulty prints. As printers have become an essential part of office space in today’s time, if they get broken, this directly affects the other office operations too.
Printers can run into a wide range of problems. From low printing speed to not printing at all to providing low-quality prints – all of these problems are quite common in the printing world.
If your printer is not working properly and you are planning to contact a professional for printer repair services, take a look at some of the most common printer problems and their solutions before making the call:
My printer is not printing
This might seem like a made-up scenario to someone who has not had much printing done, but it is a very real scenario. You go to the printer to print the important document just before the meeting is about to start but alas, your printer is in a mood and getting no prints at all. If you are facing such an issue, here are some of the things you can do:
- Ensure that your printer is connected via ethernet cable or USB (if it’s not a wireless model)
- If you have a wireless printer, ensure that the WiFi is enabled it and connected to your network
- Is the printer driver/software installed on your PC? If not, get it installed first.
- Sometimes the driver might get corrupted, reinstall it
- If the printer is still not printing, take a look at the troubleshooting section of the printer’s user manual
If your printer still does not print, get printer repair services.
It takes too long to get the prints
This again is a common issue. You get all the documents ready and send them for printing but it takes ages for them to be printed, so much so that it’s getting on your nerves and becomes an impossible task to get the prints in time.
Slow printing speed can be caused by several factors such as high-resolution settings, choice of drivers, or memory issues. Here are some of the things that you can do:
- Images that are high resolution take longer to print because they have more data to be processed. If you are only printing documents and not images, choose the normal or standard mode.
- If printing images or slides is a regular part of your daily life, add more memory to your printer.
- Drivers also determine speed outcomes. For instance, if you are looking to print documents, get PCL and if you are printing graphic intensives copies, get PostScript.
If the problem persists after following these steps, contact a professional for printer repair services in Orlando.
The printed text does not have quality
You bought a super expensive printer for your office so that all employees can get good quality prints but lately everyone has been complaining about the lousy quality. This frustrates you. So, what can you do in such a situation? Here are some of the steps you can follow:
- Whether you have a laser or inkjet printer, ensure that the print settings are correct. If you have been printing in draft mode, trying switching to higher-quality mode.
- Ensure that the paper type enlisted on screen is what you’re printing on
- With laser printers, you can remove the cartridges and shakes them a few times before inserting them again. If this does not help, replace them with new cartridges.
If you are looking for printer repair services in Orlando because your office printer is not working efficiently, get in touch with us at Visual Edge Technology. Our team of professionals ensures that you get the top-notch print repair services whether you are looking for HP printer repair services or just any other repair services.