Diamond paintings are an attraction for all: from children to adults, the process of diamond painting appeals to everyone because of its repetitive patterns that are easy to master and the fun-filled process of completing a glittering mosaic canvas. From start till the end, diamond painting works as a multi-purpose activity kit that engages you in a fun yet calming process of creating your very own mosaic that can be used for different purposes.
Now that you have completed your diamond painting, the question remains: “what do I do with this?”. To answer this particular query, this article will give you some fun ideas to use your finished diamond painting canvas as a part of DIY projects! Start off your DIY projects by completely sealing your diamond painting. Once you have followed the proper procedure of sealing your diamond painting, let’s move on to see the different ways in which you can use your diamond painting!
- Diamond Art Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatchers come from the Native American culture. They are handmade willow hoops that have a web, or a net woven in the center. Usually dreamcatchers have certain beads or feathers adorning the hoop at the bottom. Dreamcatchers have become a huge part of the bohemian themes because of their association with dreams, tradition and protective charms. In addition to their mythical history, dreamcatchers also make for amazing décor products. Here is how to make a DIY diamond art dreamcatcher.
You will need:
- A completed and sealed diamond art canvas (preferably small)
- An embroidery hoop
- Yarn strings in colors that match or contrast with the canvas
- Beads that can be threaded in the yarn strings
- Fake feathers
- Start by taking the embroidery hoop and the yarn strings. Carefully tie the strings at one end of the hoop. You can also use ribbons as an alternative.
- Carefully thread a few beads in the ends of the yarn strings. Tie the yarn at the end to secure the beads in place.
- If you are using feathers as well, take a few feathers and tie them to the ends of a yarn string that does not have beads threaded in.
- You can also opt to leave out the beads and the feathers, and just use different fabric pieces to adorn the ends of your hoop.
- Take the canvas and the decorated embroidery hoop. It is recommended to use a round diamond painting canvas that can fit right in the embroidery hoop. In case the canvas is shaped square, place the canvas inside the hoop and fix it as preferred.
- Tighten the screws of the embroidery hoop so that the canvas fits right in the hoop without budging.
- Carefully trim the extra edges of the canvas so all that is left is the canvas inside the hoop.
- Hang your glittering diamond art dreamcatcher over your bed or gift it to a friend. Sweet dreams!
Note: use a canvas that has an abstract image or a mandala design as such canvases will not look distorted when placed in the hoop.
- Diamond Art Pillow Cover
Pillows are a fan-favorite worldwide. They are soft, cuddly and an absolute piece of comfort, quite literally. Not to mention how they make for a lovely piece of decoration to add color to your bedroom, living room and even offices. Diamond art can help add the glitz and glamour to your pillow collection if you are looking to go that extra mile with your décor. Here is how to make a diamond art pillow cover:
You will need:
- A completed, sealed diamond art canvas
- A plain pillow cover of the same size as the canvas
- Thread of the same color as the pillow cover
- Sewing dressmaker pins (available in a wheel)
- Take your sealed diamond painting canvas and place it on the pillow cover.
- To avoid accidentally sewing the pillow cover shut, place a hand inside the pillow cover.
- Using the dressmaker pins, carefully fix the canvas onto the pillow cover so that the canvas does not move during the sewing process.
- Start with threading the thread through the needle. Taking your needle, carefully sew the canvas on to the pillow cover. It is recommended to use the thread of a similar color to avoid ruining the look of the pillow.
- Secure your sewn canvas by tightening the thread stitch at the ends of each side of the canvas.
- Your diamond art pillow cover is ready to be placed on the pillow in your room for the much-needed glitz!
Note: make sure to have the canvas sealed beforehand as having a diamond art pillow cover can require lot of care to handle, since it is easily exposed to dust and lint. Additionally, use a canvas that is soft and flexible to ease the process of sewing.
- Diamond Art Notebook Cover
Notebooks and journals are constant piece of stationery that almost everyone carries with them. You can get these from here. There is nothing more compelling than a cute piece of stationery to get you started on the work you have been procrastinating about. You can always make your very own sparkling notebook cover with your completed diamond painting canvas. Here is how to make a glittering notebook cover in just a few steps:
You Will Need:
- A small, completed diamond painting canvas
- A notebook of size that corresponds with the canvas
- A glazed paper of a contrasting or a similar color to the canvas
- Glue gun
- A pair of scissors
- A plastic sheet
- Start by covering the entire notebook with glazed paper. Use glue gun to secure the glazed paper in place.
- Carefully trim the edges of the canvas.
- Place the trimmed canvas on the front side of the covered notebook.
- Using a glue gun, glue the canvas onto the notebook. Make sure not to put the glue too close to the edges otherwise it may squeeze out with you apply pressure to the canvas to help it stick to the notebook.
- Wait for the glue to dry.
- Using the plastic sheet, cover the glammed-up notebook to offer extra protection.
- You are ready to use your beautiful diamond art notebook!
You can try out these ideas to use your diamond painting as more than just a framed art. Have fun creating!